Queue questions

sacrosby

Original Poster
Continuous loading means the ride (unless handicap help is needed) is a constant loop. I am not sure if you are asking me...well actually I am not sure what you are saying. I stated I am just as confused as anyone else as to why it is always so backed up CONSIDERING it has continuous loading. I just don't follow your post.
yes, actually that's exactly what I meant. :)

Dad 2 M & M

yes, actually that's exactly what I meant. :)
I doesn't seem to matter what time of year we go (we normally go during either Thanksgiving or Christmas, but have been in Feb,Oct,early Dec), Peter Pan has a much loner wait the other rides. we never understood why the wait was so much longer for that constant loop than it was for Snow White?

Sweet Melissa

I think part of Peter Pan's problem is that they've meddled with the genius of the Omnimover by adding Fastpass. There's no reason to have it on a ride that loads continuously. It just interrupts the flow of the line. Obviously that's not the only issue, though, because it's also a long wait in Disneyland where there is no Fastpass for Peter Pan. Its popularity is also a big part of it. Something about those flying gondola vehicles really captures the imagination. It's a great ride, but I won't wait an hour for a two-minute attraction.

cba

Sorain' and Toy Story Mania are two of the most popular rides in the world, which is why they have such long lines.

tink729

It's a combination of popularity and loading efficiency. Soarin' has such long lines because they can only load large groups of people at a time and in between it feels much longer because you are not moving. It's also had an increase in wait times since Test Track has been closed for refurbishment, so the lines should become shorter once that re-opens. Toy Story Mania is going to continue to have ridiculous wait times until the "next big thing" opens in DHS. As for Peter Pan, I think it's just an example of a well-loved attraction with a slower loading platform.

muteki

The Seas also has a SUPER long queue (<--what a weirdly spelled word) too!! You seem to walk FOREVER before getting to your ride.

Splash Mountain bummed me out, it broke down EIGHT times in one day, while we were there, and one time with my son and I on it!

Seas has a long queue because of the building layout, the space you are walking through used to have a couple theaters in it. The first room with the beach along the side of the zig-zag path used to be all the line it had.

It's a great ride, but I won't wait an hour for a two-minute attraction.

That's true. . . but I think that it's definitely worth a fastpass. This ride was the standout memory that I've kept since I was 6 years old. When I think about Magic Kingdom, that memory is the touchstone of how I think about WDW, in general.

Now as an adult, I hear the clacking of the ride above my head, the characters are painted weird day glow colors, and it doesn't feel like I'm flying nearly as high. . . but through a kid's eyes, PPF is pure magic. Anything can happen when I take my daughter, but the only thing that will ruin my trip is if that ride is down when we visit (now that's some pixie dust hyperbole right there).

If you have kids, they have to see PPF. . . Skip riding BTMRR a second time in a row and get that PPF fastpass instead!

sacrosby

Original Poster
It's a combination of popularity and loading efficiency. Soarin' has such long lines because they can only load large groups of people at a time and in between it feels much longer because you are not moving. It's also had an increase in wait times since Test Track has been closed for refurbishment, so the lines should
become shorter once that re-opens. Toy Story Mania is going to continue to have ridiculous wait times until the "next big thing" opens in DHS. As for Peter Pan, I think it's just an example of a well-loved attraction with a slower loading platform.
You're right about Soarin...now that I think about it, you stand in that line and don't move for awhile. The loading /unloading process for that ride is the culprit. If only they could make the queue more interesting, it wouldn't seem like such a long wait (even tjoughit is). I don't mind the wait in other rides such as HM or TSMM because the queues are enjoyable and full of things to see
But Soarin' is just ..meh. lol :p

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think part of Peter Pan's problem is that they've meddled with the genius of the Omnimover by adding Fastpass. There's no reason to have it on a ride that loads continuously. It just interrupts the flow of the line. Obviously that's not the only issue, though, because it's also a long wait in Disneyland where there is no Fastpass for Peter Pan. Its popularity is also a big part of it. Something about those flying gondola vehicles really captures the imagination. It's a great ride, but I won't wait an hour for a two-minute attraction.
While Fastpass does add a little to the wait, the long wait existed well before fastpass, hence its addition. Pan is an continuously loading omnimover of sorts, but the ride still has a relativity low hourly capacity due to low vehicle capacity (2 riders 3 max per vehicle) and high vehicle spacing.

donaldtoo

If I remember correctly from one of my Imagineering Field Guides, They use a formula called THRC (Theoretical Hourly Ride Capacity) to calc. this stuff. It has to do with the interval between ride vehicles bein' sent out, how many Guests the vehicle can accommodate (as mentioned above), etc. From what I understand, first and foremost is choosing the proper ride vehicle to tell the story, and then trying to figure out how to maximize THRC. Sometimes, the right vehicle to tell the story isn't the highest Guest -mover, but the popularity of the attraction makes up for that.
Like everything else, it all boils down to the numbers, but there also has to be a balance with the ability to tell the story, from an Imagineers point of view, properly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom