Queue questions

sacrosby

Original Poster
Hello all,
Since returning recently from WDW, I've had a couple of questions and was wondering if some of you folks could shed some light!
Why are the queues for a few certain attractions (Soarin, Toy Story MM, Peter Pan, Pooh) always soooo long? Is it just due to popularity, or are there other factors involved such as loading mechanics?
Also, why oh why is Splash Mountain always down? (BTMRR and RnR were also down a few times as well.)

luv

I think it is a combination of how longit takes to load and the popularity of the ride.

I don't know what the problem is with Splash and other rides being down. I do think they should figure it out and fix it, though.

bethymouse

These problems have been an on-going bad Disney situation!:mad: They need to "hop to it" right now and fix these things! I love Disney, but the way they're loading POOH now is ridiculous!:eek: I think Soarin is so long because of the lack of rides at EPCOT and that Test Track is down.
We waited 65 minutes for TSM!:eek: Another reason I believe for that is the same as EPCOT: not enough rides. IMHO. Peter Pan is just popular I guess.:confused: I thought September would be a nice time to go, but it was pretty crowded still.:eek:

PUSH

It's a combination of a lot of things. Some take a long time to load (Soarin'), some are long due to the lack of rides in the park (TSM), and all of those rides are popular ones as well.

As for the rides being down, I don't know. But when we went in March all three of those rides were down at some point of our vacation (granted BTMRR was undergoing a refurb.)

Britt

The Seas also has a SUPER long queue (<--what a weirdly spelled word) too!! You seem to walk FOREVER before getting to your ride.

Splash Mountain bummed me out, it broke down EIGHT times in one day, while we were there, and one time with my son and I on it!

sacrosby

Original Poster
The Seas also has a SUPER long queue (<--what a weirdly spelled word) too!! You seem to walk FOREVER before getting to your ride.

Splash Mountain bummed me out, it broke down EIGHT times in one day, while we were there, and one time with my son and I on it!

Eight times?! Wow! Last year it was down a lot as well. Seems to be worse now. What's the deal?

copcarguyp71

I always scratch my head on the long wait for Peter Pan...continuous loading and all that line is always a nightmare! If SSE can pull off 5-10 minute wait being one of the few rides (and very popular) at EPCOT then why can't they make PP more efficient???

Britt

Eight times?! Wow! Last year it was down a lot as well. Seems to be worse now. What's the deal?
I know : ( I am super bummed about it...I wish they would set up a time to try working on it over night or something...or even close it for 1-2 days to drain it and fix it. (Honestly, I have no idea the reality of draining and fixing a ride as extensive, so thats my naive suggestion to fixing it...LOL). It's my all time favorite ride so it stinks watching it go into such disarray!

Britt

I always scratch my head on the long wait for Peter Pan...continuous loading and all that line is always a nightmare! If SSE can pull off 5-10 minute wait being one of the few rides (and very popular) at EPCOT then why can't they make PP more efficient???
I have never been on Peter Pans flight because everytime I've been there, it has a wait of 45 minutes +. Even when Splash Mountain has a 10 minute wait or IASW has a 5-10 minute wait, that one is ALWAYS busy. Makes me want to ride it more just to figure out the hoopla...lol

copcarguyp71

It is pretty neat and a fun attraction. That along with being a classic makes me want to ride it everytime but I always find myself regretting my decision about 30 minutes in.

sacrosby

Original Poster
I have never been on Peter Pans flight because everytime I've been there, it has a wait of 45 minutes +. Even when Splash Mountain has a 10 minute wait or IASW has a 5-10 minute wait, that one is ALWAYS busy. Makes me want to ride it more just to figure out the hoopla...lol
Lol! Yes! I've never been on this ride! My husband sure doesn't relish the idea of waiting 45-60 mins for a children's ride

sacrosby

Original Poster
(Ooops..posted above prematurely...)
So Copcarguy, if you say Peter Pan has continous loading, then why is the queue always so long? Of all the times I've gone on HM, I don't think I've ever waited more than 25-30 minutes. Or is this not a good example of a continuous loading queue? :p

copcarguyp71

Continuous loading means the ride (unless handicap help is needed) is a constant loop. I am not sure if you are asking me...well actually I am not sure what you are saying. I stated I am just as confused as anyone else as to why it is always so backed up CONSIDERING it has continuous loading. I just don't follow your post.

Britt

Continuous loading means the ride (unless handicap help is needed) is a constant loop. I am not sure if you are asking me...well actually I am not sure what you are saying. I stated I am just as confused as anyone else as to why it is always so backed up CONSIDERING it has continuous loading. I just don't follow your post.
Yeah, Nemo isn't usually backed up to much, same with Haunted Mansion...they continuously load and the waits are never to bad for those ones!! Peter Pan shouldn't have such long wait times considering they also do the continuous loading

PUSH

We find the only way to get on it with little to no wait is to either A) Get a FP, or B) Go shortly before opening (which usually means FPing other rides.)

luv

I don't think it is worth any kind of wait. It just isn't very good, IMO. But it is popular!!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The length of the line is directly proportional to the hourly throughput of the attraction.

That can be figured by the number of seats per vehicle and the number of vehicles vs length of the ride.

(x*y)60/z

So a very long attraction with a few cars that only seat a few people will result in a very long line.
A short attraction with many cars that seat many people will result in no line at all.

Britt

Lol! Yes! I've never been on this ride! My husband sure doesn't relish the idea of waiting 45-60 mins for a children's ride
Im with hubby! I am WAY to impatient to wait that long for it....LOL Splash Mountain....sure. Expedition Everest....sure. Peter Pans Flight?? PASSSSSSSS lol

HouCuseChickie

Soarin' is the one that really bugs me. Even with a FP we always still wait at least 30 min to get on the ride. I'm sure some is popularity and some is it not being continuous load, but it's a harder wait b/c it's a boring queue that doesn't move. At least the boring queue at Peter Pan moves.

EDIT- and my Soarin' issues are even with TestTrack open. Oy!

melmood2000

I think they need to rethink the loading and off loading of Soarin', It is confusing and the 2 times I road it last month I almost had someone trying to sit in my seat before I got up, one easy solution would be arrows on the floor telling you which direction to exit instead of the CM's just screaming it at you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom