Questions on POFQ

Doombuggy13

Hello everyone,
Were 50 days out until our 2008 trip. Were staying at POFQ and I can't wait because I've wanted to stay here for years. I know this is one of the smaller if not the smallest resorts. My questions are. How easy is it to get around? Is the food court a convenient walk from all the room area's? We stayed at Coronado Springs last trip and it was soooo long for us to get over to the food court. There is only one bus stop at POFQ so is it always packed like the bus stop at POP?

Thanks in advance for you help. These boards are my main trip planning tool.

azzureblue

My wife and I have stayed at POFQ twice. Very nice and small resort. We've never had trouble with busses. When we were there in low season, the busses would stop at POFQ then most of the time make the loop around POR before heading to the parks. It was a bit frustrating, but only added about 5 minutes to the bus ride and we didn't have to stand. We were just there a few weeks ago and POFQ and POR had separate bus routes.

Food court is nice. Service time depends on what you order. A plate of Jambalya and sides items is ready in about 30 seconds. A made to order Quesadilla is going to take a while. Register CMs are comparable to other resort food courts.

We love POFQ's romantic feel. It's such a quaint resort. About the only complaint is that the walls seem "thinner" than other disney resorts - even the value resorts - possibly due to its age. I'm sure they've done many refurb projects, but never ripped open the walls to put in more insulation. We've stayed in buildings 5 and 2. Both times on the 2nd floor. We could hear people above us, below us and on both sides. Noisiest thing seemed to be when "neighbors" were running the bath, or flushing toilets. Granted, we weren't in our rooms very much (spending as much time as possible in the parks) but when you return to your resort, you should be able to fall asleep quickly and the noises were a bit disturbing. I suppose we could have asked for a different room afther the first night, but just figured that all of the rooms have the same issue.

We've never stayed there with our kids. It's the place that my wife and I like to go when it's just the two of us. If you're a DVC member, you can use points there too.

You'll love it and probably keep coming back to POFQ once you stay there.

Upvote 0

pjulie75

POFQ is beautiful, we have booked to go again next summer and I am counting the days already. The resort has a leisurely feel about it and is great to get away from the crowds of the park. It is so relaxing and the boat down to DTD is wonderful, the main reason why we booked. It is lovely trip on the boat going down the winding river, through the woods, then all of a sudden you see DTD and all the bright lights, it is a beautiful site. The pool area is lovely and we loved Scatcats bar where they used to sell (I hope they still do) delicious nachos and chicken wings, yummy. My husband also used to get a pitcher of Bud, which he LOVED.:slurp:

When we visited before, they had a hair braider by the pool, is she still there?

Is there any entertainment on for kids at the hotel, I didn't notice before as we had no kids on our last visit?

Upvote 0

dcessna

Pofq

We have stayed there for years and throughlt enjoy the atmosphere and the closeness of everything. It is extremely quiet and feiendly.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

CatsMeow

POFQ is a breeze to get around. I recommend it to folks all the time who would like to cut down on walking after visiting the parks! :animwink: It is so beautifully themed and such a lovely resort. It is easily one of my favorites. They used to have a lovely table service restaurant called Bonfamille's and I was heartsick when it closed. But their food court is great - try the beignets! :) And it is especially nice to use the boat to travel to DTD; it is a nice alternative to bus service. It is a real gem! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom