Questions on POFQ

Doombuggy13

Hello everyone,
Were 50 days out until our 2008 trip. Were staying at POFQ and I can't wait because I've wanted to stay here for years. I know this is one of the smaller if not the smallest resorts. My questions are. How easy is it to get around? Is the food court a convenient walk from all the room area's? We stayed at Coronado Springs last trip and it was soooo long for us to get over to the food court. There is only one bus stop at POFQ so is it always packed like the bus stop at POP?

Thanks in advance for you help. These boards are my main trip planning tool.

WickedQueen22

POFQ is VERY easy to get around. The resort has the food court pretty much dead center as well as the pool. We were in the farthest building to the left (from walking out the lobby) building 6 I think, and we never walked more than 4 minutes. It was very refreshing after wallking miles in the parks.
We got to the bus stop by cutting through a courtyard, maybe 3 minutes.

Also the water taxi to DTD was by far our favorite perk and the reason we will be returning to POFQ for our next trip.

We always wanted to do the nightly carriage ride but never found the time. It looks very romantic and relaxing.

Upvote 0

MagicalMJ

I think you are going to really appreciate the difference in size based on your other stays at Pop and CS! The resort is going to feel so much more manageable to you. The bus stop will not be nearly as crowded I wouldn't think as Pop Century, and truly there are no bad buildings here. If you stay down by the river, you get that nice away from it all feeling, but you're still relatively close to food court, bus,etc. (compared to your other resort stays.)

For overall I would recommend standard view at building #5 for the best of all worlds--ease, laundry if that is a consideration and no parking lot views.

Beignets...first thing in the morning, with coffee, walking through the quiet grounds...wonderful!!:slurp:

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
We stayed there a number of years ago when we did the Land & Sea. It's a wonderful resort, small and cozy. We never had any issues with bus waits or walking distances. The Hot Tub was a wonderful experience after a day walking the parks! :D I'll be able to update my impressions in about six weeks when we return from a week-long stay! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

disneytopdog

There is not a bad room location at POFQ you are close to everything. I read in one of the Disney guides, POFQ has only 1008 rooms, compared to the 3000 of POP and I would guess CB, Cs & POR have at least 2000 rooms if not more

Upvote 0

LudwigVonDrake

I just got back from POFQ. I stayed in building 4 (right next to the food court) for 7 nights and everything was fine except for two things:

1) The doors to the rooms were VERY dirty and scuffed up. They seemed to be solving that problem as they seemed to be painting random doors (probably ones that weren't booked) but overall the white doors were pretty gross and looked bad.

2) Bus service at times was ATROCIOUS! One day at MGM (sorry) we waited 45 minutes for a bus and another day at DAK it was close to 40 minutes. That's unacceptable.

Upvote 0

danpam1024

We've stayed there several times, and were always in building 6! It was the farthest away from the pool/ lobby (but not far at all). The view of the Sassagula River is peaceful and beautiful. You really feel "removed" and relaxed at POFQ, you'll love it :wave:.

Upvote 0

mickeymouse090

POFQ is awesome & you are going to absolutely love it! The resort is much smaller than some of the others and sits right on the river. It is very peaceful and quiet at times. You can take the ferry boat to Downtown Disney & that is a nice change from the buses all of the time. On our last trip in 2006 we stayed in building 1 inside the courtyard and I believe it took us less than 5 mins to get to the food court, lobby and bus stops! We never had any problems with long waits for the buses on our trip & a nice perk is that the French Quarter gets picked up and dropped off before Riverside does, that is nice after a long day in the parks! I have no complaints whatsoever about POFQ and would stay there again in a heartbeat! You will have a wonderful time staying there! :sohappy:

Have a great trip!! :wave:

Upvote 0

snowhyte

We've stayed at POFQ twice both times in building seven. The walk to the bus stop and food court were short even though this is the last building in the resort. We have always been VERY pleased with the bus service here. The theming is great and the resort has such a nice quaint feeling. We go to DTD a lot and it is such a short bus ride to/from there. Awesome choice!

Upvote 0
We have stayed atPOFQ acouple of years ago with our then 8 year old son. We really loved it!!:sohappy: It was very peaceful and relaxing to br there after a full day in the parks. We never had a problem with the transportation. The resort is small and not difficult to get around. I have heart problems so that is always a consideration after spending extended hours walking in the park!!

Upvote 0

GoofyDan

Thanks, Doom, for asking these questions! We're 45 days away from our first trip to the World (and POFQ), so we'll be sharing the resort with you and I've been wondering some of these same things.

One thing I'm still not sure about -- I know the boats to DTD run every 20 minutes or 10 minutes depending on the time of day, but I haven't seen how long the actual boat trip takes from point to point. Does anybody have a rough idea?

Upvote 0

majorrfb

Pofq

We stayed in building 5, by the river, on the second floor. Quiet, great view of river and close to everything important. Food court offers decent meals and snacks, and kept reasonably clean. ENJOY this resort, we did:sohappy:

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

I know the boats to DTD run every 20 minutes or 10 minutes depending on the time of day, but I haven't seen how long the actual boat trip takes from point to point. Does anybody have a rough idea?
From the time the boat leaves the POFQ dock, it's roughly 10 or 12 minutes to the DTD dock.

Upvote 0

disneytopdog

Thanks, Doom, for asking these questions! We're 45 days away from our first trip to the World (and POFQ), so we'll be sharing the resort with you and I've been wondering some of these same things.

One thing I'm still not sure about -- I know the boats to DTD run every 20 minutes or 10 minutes depending on the time of day, but I haven't seen how long the actual boat trip takes from point to point. Does anybody have a rough idea?

Looks like you guys are going to be POFQ sametime we are(Sept 6-10). This is my second year to stay at POFQ the place is great. The boat ride takes about 20 to 25 minutes, very relaxing ride, and POFQ is the first stop.

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

We really like POFQ! Honeymooned there and are returning in October. the boat ride to DTD is one of our favorite things to do. At night, after everything shuts down its a nice quiet alternative than taking the bus back to the resort. I'm not sure which building we'll be in this time but we had stayed in building 1 with a view of the river. It was so great seeing that out our door when were heading off to start the day. :) We had no problems with the buses either. There were only a few time we stopped at Riverside, and POFQ was typically the first stop when coming back from the parks.

Hope you have a great time! :wave:

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

I can't wait...we will be staying at POFQ in November for the first time, and by the reviews from everyone...it seems like a great resort. I stayed at POR last year and absolutely fell in love with the place...it was a bit too big, and I know that FQ isn't nearly as big so I am trying it out this year. The boat to DTD was great. It was so relaxing getting away from the busses. Can anyone tell us about the foodcourt at FQ? I heard that the CM's are very slow when serving or checking out to pay.

Upvote 0

KingStefan

POFQ is wonderful. The time of year you are going, the busses should not be a problem, but you might share a bus with POR, whereas in the high season, POFQ sometimes gets its own bus. Although I have heard that the busses have been reduced everywhere, but that is not a POFQ problem, just a bus problem in general.

I found the pool a bit small, but fun anyway, and you can walk over to the POR pool in any case - and either walk or take the boat back.

But as I have said, besides the slightly small pool, this is my favorite mod resort - it is so beautiful and convenient, and you are going to love it.

Upvote 0

KingStefan

There is not a bad room location at POFQ you are close to everything. I read in one of the Disney guides, POFQ has only 1008 rooms, compared to the 3000 of POP and I would guess CB, Cs & POR have at least 2000 rooms if not more

# rooms
CBR 2112
POFQ 1008
POR 2048
CSR 1921
POP 2880 (? half the scheduled 5760?)
(source UG 2007)

but note that POP is denser. The layout for CSR is more spread out, and the layout for CBR is oblong. You will really notice the smaller feel of POFQ, but without loss of services.

Upvote 0

disneytopdog

Can anyone tell us about the foodcourt at FQ? I heard that the CM's are very slow when serving or checking out to pay.[/quote]

I had no problem with the service at the food court. It was busy in the mornings and finding a table was hard, but we would sit in the Scat Cat Lounge and woof down our breakfast before heading to the buses. Most of the time we just get something from the gift shop(box of donuts) and ate them at the bus stop

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom