Questions Concerning Expedition Everest & Animal Kingdom

Richboy

Original Poster
Does anyone know anything new concerning Expedition Everest? Also, could someone explain to me the actual layout of how the ride will go, like the story? I'm going to Disney World Thanksgiving Weekend 2005, does anyone see Expedition Everest opening at that time. I know that the planned opening is spring 2006, but Disney was trying to get it up and operating by the end of '05. Does anyone know anything about this? Also, is Expedition Everest a replacement for the proposed "Beastlie Kingdomme." Will this area ever be built. I know that Disney cut it from Animal Kingdom's opening day phase, but it was planned for phase II (1999-2003) It's 2005, and its still not built. Will it ever? Also, what ever happened to building a third continent land, planned to be Australia or South America, I believe. I think Australia would be a great idea. It could go where Camp Minne-Mickey is, and expand out westward. Also, I know a lot of people say that they decided to not go forth with replacing Camp-Minnie-Mickey with a new land (Australia, Beastlie Kingdomme, etc.) because of the success of "Legend of the Lion King," but couldn't they just move the attraction to Africa (a more fitting place than Camp Minnie-Mickey) They could be a new theater west of the Harambe Village shops a la Beauty and the Beast Live (When they built Sunset Blvd, they moved the show from the theater that was next to Brown Derby to the theater where it is now in Sunset Blvd. I love Animal Kingdom, and I think it has so much more potential than what we see today. Does anyone know the answers to any of these questions or have any opinions on Animal Kingdom's unbuilt and future attractions?

s25843

I hate to say this, but do a simple search and most of your questions will be answered, since they have all been discussed indepth before...

se8472

to many also's lol

but one thing you have to remember about just expanding a area...there is stuff behind it.

Granted things can always be moved but it an't cheap.

raven

As far as another continent goes, I saw a satalite picture a while back that showed a huge mass of land being cleared back by Conservation Station. No one at that time seemed to know anything about it. The land was about 1/2 the size of the entire park. :veryconfu

ToTBellHop

raven said:
As far as another continent goes, I saw a satalite picture a while back that showed a huge mass of land being cleared back by Conservation Station. No one at that time seemed to know anything about it. The land was about 1/2 the size of the entire park. :veryconfu
that's Australia's land (at least that's what it was originally cleared for)...it won't be developed for awhile, though.

MonoRon

ISTCNavigator57 said:
that's Australia's land (at least that's what it was originally cleared for)...it won't be developed for awhile, though.

This might be a stupid question but I'm gonna say it anyways....

1. There's gonna be an Australia land with all of its native animals?

and...

2. When will this start to take shape?

ImaginerFigment

Ee

Well I think Aussie will be great. But has anyone noticed how Universal copied the dragon coaster? :cry: But I think EE will open up for the Beastlie Land.:sohappy:

Lynx04

I believe what happen was Disney let go imagineers that went to Universal and helped with the creation of IOA. Which is why the Lost Continent at IOA resembles BK. Or at least that is what I have read.

Legacy

ImaginerFigment said:
Well I think Aussie will be great. But has anyone noticed how Universal copied the dragon coaster? :cry: But I think EE will open up for the Beastlie Land.:sohappy:
Blame Disney for letting those Imagineers go. And change the font, please. It's really not needed.

EDIT-

Oh, and it isn't copying if the idea isn't copyrighted. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom