Questions about the Fantasmic Dinner Package

sorcerergoofy

Original Poster
1. Is Hollywood and Vine a good choice?

2. Is there a separate entrance/exit that we use?

3. Is the view from the seats that are reserved for us (the far right) really as bad as people say it is?

wdwwdeagle

We've done the F! dinner package 3 times. Twice, we've eaten at H&V, and once at MM. My family enjoyed H&V more than MM, but maybe that's just us. We like to try a variety of foods, so we don't mind buffets. At MM, both my DH and DS were excited about trying the chicken parm., but neither of them liked it very much. I had the mushroom ravioli; it was good, but I still liked the variety of things I got to try at H&V better.

The first and third time we went, we were directed to a separate entrance. The second time, they sent us up the main entrance, but about halfway up, we were separated from the 'regular' patrons by a rope. Package people went to the right of the rope, regular people to the left. I don't know why it was different that day (maybe it was a slow night and they didn't want to open the separate entrance???). When it's time to exit, everyone just goes to whichever exit is closer to them, so there's no separation b/t the two.

The advice I would give regarding the view from the package seats... just don't sit near the front. We decided to try that this past time, and we hated it. If you can sit in the top half of the reserved area, as close to the middle as you can get, you'll have a much better view.

calavis

We're gone twice to H&V. Food is okay. variety is terrific, especially if you have a finicky eater, or if you have a kid who has a kid's appetite but is considered an adult by disney!

The preferred seating at Fantasmic is fine. If you want to get wet, sit down front; otherwise try as center and middle as you can get.

And have fun!!:sohappy:

sorcerergoofy

Original Poster
If you use a table service credit (on the DDP) , does it cover the entire cost of the package?

The package doesn't cost anything. You just have to book your reservation as the "Fantasmic! Dining Package". When you go to the restaurant you just order what you want off of the menu.

sorcerergoofy

Original Poster
Actually, at Mama Melrose, if you are doing the F! Dinner Pkg., each person in your party is required to order an app., entree and dessert. I don't know how it works at HBD, though.

I just got off the phone with Disney Dining and was told that we can order what we want. There are no longer guidelines.

wdwwdeagle

I just got off the phone with Disney Dining and was told that we can order what we want. There are no longer guidelines.

Oh, that's good news!
Have they also eliminated the minimum amount that each person must spend when dining on the F! pkg? Can you now just order, say, an app. and a soda or a salad and water and get the F! pkg. tickets? That would be great!

sorcerergoofy

Original Poster
Oh, that's good news!
Have they also eliminated the minimum amount that each person must spend when dining on the F! pkg? Can you now just order, say, an app. and a soda or a salad and water and get the F! pkg. tickets? That would be great!

From what I understand you are free to order as little, or as much as you please!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom