Questions about Returning to Disneyland

Consumer

Original Poster
Hi y'all,

I'll be returning to Disneyland next weekend for the first time since before the pandemic. I used to be really in the know about the state of the parks but since Covid hit I've fallen out of habit on regularly checking up on Disneyland news. Consequently, I have a few questions.

1. Has the park been improved by the removal of Fastpass?
2. I recall Single Rider being closed after the parks reopened; is that still the case?
3. Are the trams fully up and operational or are the engines still filled with rats nests?
4. Is there any Splash Mountain merchandise being sold in the parks?
5. How crowded have the parks been with the new reservation system in place?
6. Is there anything else I should know about Disneyland at the moment?

I'll probably pop back in with more questions when they come to me. Thanks y'all!

MoonRakerSCM

1) I want to say no, generally the lightning lane has made things worse.
2) I swear I did single rider on Radiator Springs Racers a while back.
3) Trams are fully functional.
4) Unsure.
5) To me they don't seem any different. Haven't had any cowherd shoulder to shoulder shuffling through Adventureland moments... but things seem to be busier than you'd think for a 'reservation system to limit guest numbers'.
6) Food has been pretty blah. Some places have been closing much earlier than you'd think. I've heard it varies, but keep an eye on it.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Hi y'all,

I'll be returning to Disneyland next weekend for the first time since before the pandemic. I used to be really in the know about the state of the parks but since Covid hit I've fallen out of habit on regularly checking up on Disneyland news. Consequently, I have a few questions.

1. Has the park been improved by the removal of Fastpass?
2. I recall Single Rider being closed after the parks reopened; is that still the case?
3. Are the trams fully up and operational or are the engines still filled with rats nests?
4. Is there any Splash Mountain merchandise being sold in the parks?
5. How crowded have the parks been with the new reservation system in place?
6. Is there anything else I should know about Disneyland at the moment?

I'll probably pop back in with more questions when they come to me. Thanks y'all!
1. No. Lines are far worse with Genie+/Individual Lightning Lane.
2. Single Rider is available on some attractions.
3. Yes, trams are back thankfully. But the lines in the evenings to return to the parking structure are as busy as ever.
4. Very rarely something might slip in, but basically no. Especially now that the retheme date and new attraction name was announced.
5. The reservation system does not help with crowding. Avoid getting caught in the crush around parade/nighttime spectacular time.
6. Be prepared to eat at off hours or mobile order your food a few hours in advance or be willing to go with second or third choice locations if you don't have restaurant reservations set up. Might not happen - you might catch a good day. But know it can happen and frequently does.
Also, be prepared for very long waits if you don't pay for Genie+ or Individual Lightning Lane. Also, be prepared for very long waits if you do pay for Genie+ or Individual Lightning Lane. Sometimes the paid line goes quickly. Sometimes it backs up halfway into the land it's in.
They still have year-old merchandise in the stores, but get some new stuff at times, too.

Finally - Avengers Campus is fun if you enjoy seeing characters and watching shows. The Spider-Man attraction is a fun video game type experience. Don't expect an E-Ticket and you should enjoy it. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom