Questions about Ohana

Mateo1721

I am going to WDW in two weeks and I was wondering how far in advance and for what time I should make reservations for Ohana on Friday night , May 14th if I want to get a good spot for Wishes? Also, do they even take reservation request for a seat to see Wishes?

MouseRight

I was there in January and I don't remember being able to see Wishes from Ohana. We made teh reservation about 1/2 hour after Wishes began so we coudl watch it from teh Poly Beach. After Wishes was over we went upstairs to eat. If that is too late then I woudl eat about 1 1/2 hours before, then go down to teh beach and watch. If you watch from teh BEach, you won't be able to hear the soundtrack.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I don't think it should be too busy then, but go ahead and make your PS now. Find out when Wishes is scheduled for the night and make them for just prior, if possible. Though we have never watched the fireworks from there (we usually hit the beach) I understand its very nice. Have fun. :wave:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

O'Hanas is a great place to eat but I am not sure if they dim the lights and pipe in the soundtrack. In any event make plans to see the fireworks from within the park.It is truly a spectacular show!! Belle

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I have heard that Ohana does pipe in the music for wishes and that you can see it. My guess is that since this is a popular restaurant and lots of people want to watch Wishes you should make your priority seating asap. And then eat slow!

Upvote 0

iluvstitch

I made my PS for about an hour and a half/2 hrs before Wishes starts, that way I figure when we are done eating, we can just go sit on the beach and watch them versus having to worry about getting a good seat inside 'Ohana.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

They do pipe in the music...however when I've gone, they've missed the intro and cut off before the song at the end is done.

Some tables are blocked by the volcano, others by the large tiki type statues that are between the windows.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

They do dim the lights and pipe in the music. In addition, the waiters stop, and everyone stops eating and stares out the windows. In short, the restaurant and dining experience was haulted.

I made a PS for 55 minutes before the 9oclock show. We were seated 20 minutes late b/c I politely approached the podium and requested a window seat, which they didn't guarantee, but it worked out well. We watched Wishes and the water pageant, both of whch had music piped in.

It was great. And I bet the beach location will be great too!

Upvote 0

PixyDust

We watched Wishes from Ohanas. It was great! They dimmed the lights, piped in the music, and we were not disturbed through the entire performance.

I would book now though. When you arrive for your PS (and arrive a little early - enjoy a neat-o drink in the bar) politely ask if they could get you by the window. I think my son's puppy dog eyes sealed it for us!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom