Questions about LightMagic

wdwkid17

Original Poster
Did anyone ever see Light Magic in Disneyland? Was it really that bad. I downloaded the sound track and it sounds awsome. If anyone has any pictures of the parade please e-mail them to me. Jsteelers5@aol.com

Thanks

TURKEY

Originally posted by DisneyWorld30th
Post thread in the Disneyland area...not Disney World

I think it's fair to have this in this forum. It goes with the rumor of having LightMagic come to Epcot to take the place of ToD.

DCA Fan

It was moved from the WDW Genral Discuss.

Anyway, Light Magic replaced MSEP as a new nighttime parade featuring fiber optics and enhanced floats. It was not popular and did not survive long.

TravisMT81

'Dream our Dreams together ... Open your heart, and keep the dream alive."

I personally loved Light Magic :) here is a link to yesterland.Yesterland: Light Magic

picture credit to Yesterland.

Attachments

• lightmagic1.jpg
    lightmagic1.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 90

pheneix

Are they nuts? The parade has already been dismantled and used for spare parts. And it's well, Light Magic! I predict that it will last three months there.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by pheneix
Are they nuts? The parade has already been dismantled and used for spare parts. And it's well, Light Magic! I predict that it will last three months there.

have you seen the parade?

It wasn't a bad parade, but rather, a bad replacement for a classic.

The rumor speaks of a modified Lightmagic, which could very well mean all it will share is a title

pheneix

>>>have you seen the parade?<<<

Yes, it was spectacularly awful beyond all belief, and the "pixies" were creepy as hell. In fact, it was the only parade that I have ever seen people boo at the end.

>>>all it will share is a title<<<

Then they need to change it. Even if the parade actually turned out to be decent, it will fall flat on it's because of the name.

mkt

Premium Member
Yes, it was spectacularly awful beyond all belief, and the "pixies" were creepy as hell. In fact, it was the only parade that I have ever seen people boo at the end.

so you mean that the Dreamseekers in ToD are friendly? Second question.. have you seen it in person? I have, and the only night I recall people booing was during the AP preview, which was actually the first dress rehearsal. That is also the most commonly found video of lightmagic there is online and elsewhere. I saw it 6 times in person, and the AP preview was the only time I heard people boo. Towards the end of its run, it was finally starting to gain acceptance and garnering cheers from the audience.

Then they need to change it. Even if the parade actually turned out to be decent, it will fall flat on it's because of the name.

i said that just as an examply. My guess is that they will use the same technology (which has also been featured in Fantillusion and Dreamlights) and it's unique storytelling format and use it for a new parade/nighttime show at Epcot.

pheneix

>>>so you mean that the Dreamseekers in ToD are friendly?<<<

I've never seen it, so I wouldn't know.

>>>Second question.. have you seen it in person?<<<

Yes. It was a night shortly after it debuted (officially, not the AP preview). After the final number, a couple of people booed, probably as a joke. Then someone else started, then another, and then all of a sudden there was a chorus of boos up and down Main Street. I thought it was kind of sad, but at the same time I found it amusing (the only two times I have ever booed at anything was at Jeff Gordon during a Nascar race and Stephanie Mcmahon at an episode or WWF Raw in Raleigh).

>>>they will use the same technology and it's unique storytelling format and use it for a new parade/nighttime show at Epcot<<<

In that case, it might actually work. I always felt that somehow the backstory of Light Magic could have been molded into something good, but the parade as it was sucked so badly that I swear I saw a felt the wind blow towards parade storage after it's performance,

pheneix

>>>FYI, the floats have not been dismantled.<<<

One of them was. I remember making jokes at it's demise when a picture (don't ask how and why I saw it) was handed to me.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by TravisM
MkTigger....where is the video on the internet?? I wish I had it on video.

i saw it last about a year ago, it was on morpheus (RIP!) I believe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom