Questions about Fantasmic & Illuminations in late August

steamboatwillie

Hi everyone! I know this question may sound idiotic to you WDW regulars, but I am going to be at WDW the last week of August and I know that the park hours are shortened significantly then, so I was wondering if they still perform "Fantasmic" and "Illuminations" when the parks officially close around 7 pm. Thanks!

Becky

:sohappy:

Future World may close at 7 but the World Showcase, where Illuminations is, never closes before 9 which is the start time for Illuminations.

Upvote 0

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Those are also very "soft" hours...they may actually extend them by an hr or two.

Also, yes, you will see both while you are there :)

Upvote 0

danamarie27

I talked to a CM on the phone the other day and he told me that Fantasmic! is done at least once a night and so is Illuminations no matter what time of the year you come. It's spectro Magic and Fantasy in the Sky that get done on special days when the crowds thin.

Upvote 0

Invero

Originally posted by steamboatwillie
Hi everyone! I know this question may sound idiotic to you WDW regulars, but I am going to be at WDW the last week of August and I know that the park hours are shortened significantly then, so I was wondering if they still perform "Fantasmic" and "Illuminations" when the parks officially close around 7 pm. Thanks!

It seems kinda odd that they'd have the Studios close at 7pm during the summer... Never beleive the hours that you see posted on the WDW Website. They will change.

Studios was open till 9:00 yesterday... but they ended up extending the park hours at the last minute till 10:00, and adding a 10:30 Fantasmic show... so... everything of course is all subject to change.

Epcot will *ALWAYS* close at 9:00pm (Exception being December)... And they'll always have Illuminations every night.

Upvote 0

disneydudette

It sounds like a lots u go the last week in august....were going down there at that time too ..... are the crowds bad?

and that was a good question steamboatwillie..... I propably would have asked the same thing!

Upvote 0

Parker

If they only have one showing of Fantasmic in August, I'd recommend doing the Fantasmic Dining Package. Its simple. All you have to do is eat dinner at a participating restaurant in MGM and they give you a special pass. Then you show up a at a different entrance 30 minutes before the show starts and they immediately seat you. The seats are on the far right, but its a lot better than waiting in line and hour and a half and you may still be seated on the far left.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom