Questions about 7/24 romantic vacation, please please read

MadisonLynn

Original Poster
:sohappy: Hi everyone, I have been lurking and reading ever since my new boyfriend said we could take a 3 night /4 day vacation. Ive been to Orlando like 8 other times and stayed off property, the last time I went was for my 21st b-day w/ my ex boyfriend of 3 years. Sorry I havent been posting but ive been so enthralled by these threads that I couldnt stop reading. We are staying at Port Orleans in the mansions area w/ a water view. Do you think the view will be good? I want to make this a very romantic and great vacation for us. My boyfriend has been stressed at work and I think this will do the trick. I got the passporter and Birnbaums guide. Boy I have learned so much. i wish we had longer to stay, but with work and school this is all we can manage

We wont arrive till Thursday night between 8pm and 9pm

Is this a good idea: when we arrive and check in Im going to send my boyfriend to the lounge.
Than, im going to pick up my delivery from the front desk and that is a bottle of Moet w/ 2 disney glasses and a mug with a Disney character on it with some flowers in it.

Im going to go to the room get that set up, than put rose petals all over the bed and stuff and light tea light candles.

The finally: call the lounge and have them send my boyfriend to the room and I will suprise him(oh, I got a sexy outfit to wear)

I want his first night to be so memorable.

Friday we are going to Disney, which is e ride night and have reservations at Cinderellas castle for Dinner
Saturday is Epcot with priority seating @ Rose and Crown Pub and for Illuminations
Sunday we will go to AK in the morning and MGM in afternoon, there we have priority seatig and Hollywood and Vine than Fantasmic, after that we will drive home to Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Sorry if im rambling but I cant wait, any ideas to add to my list, ive already made a packing list and will start tonight.
You guys have been so great and your posts are awsome, Im so happy I foung this board.

Is Port Orleans romantic? How are the rooms decor in the mansions, elegant?

Thanks for all your help and any suggestions would be fully appreciated.

KevinPage

Madison:

YES your resort selection is a nice one. Always remember, happiness is a state of mind as well, it will be as romantic and enjoyable as you want it to be. Take a nice walk around the resort in he evenings when it is cooler and all the lights are on.

And remember this 1 simple rule and you will have a GREAT time:

DO NOT FEEL STRESSED to do everything! There is no possible way, you would need multiple trips for years. Yet, you can do most/all of the rides with some logical planning, but it doesn't have to be a commando mission.

I myself have done the commando mission routine for 4-5 years before moving down here and having the luxury of not needing to anymore.

But don't feel the need to get on Space Mountain 10X. If you only get 3 rides, you're life will go on (for some reason I never used to feel that way or understand).

Just apply some Theme Park rules:

Arrive early, hit the rides at the far reaches of the parks first. Don't go to MK and make a bee line for Small World. Hit Big Thunder/Splash Mountain area or the Space Mountain area first. Most people hit the first ride they see and work their way towards the back of the park.

Like MGM, hit ToT and RnRC first. Epcot, hit Test Track and Mission Space first.

Also, another clever little trick, if you want to go on rides multiple times. Go to a park early like MGM for instance. Get a Fast Pass for ToT but still go on the ride, and hold onto that Fast Pass. After that go onto RnRC, then before leaving the area, get a FP for RnRC. Just because it gives you a time, don't think you can't use it later in the day. Hold onto it. So if you want to ride both attractions later in the day when the lines are long, you can walk right on with no wait.

With clever Fast Pass collecting you won't have to wait for anything and go on rides multiple times. It isn't as involved as it sounds

Eljay

I'm envious, your trip sounds great! If you want another bottle of bubbly after you finish your Moet, I highly recommend the Iron Horse Fairy Tale Cuvee, a lovely California that they sell often chilled in many of the resort gift shops. It was created especially for the Millenium Celebration at WDW. I have 2 bottles in my fridge from my last trip. Not expensive, about $28, $49 on the menus around WDW. Maybe if you call ahead, they can make sure there is some in stock & chilled at your resort gift shop. You can also bring along some pretty dollar store flutes that you can throw out or leave behind.

Be very careful with your candles, you can damage the furniture surfaces if you don't put something thick under them, like a magazine, incase you fall asleep & they burn to the bottom.
Were you able to request a King bed?

After Illuminations, when you leave the Rose & Crown, don't leave World Showcase yet. Go left, against the crowd direction & take a leisurely romantic stroll around the lagoon. The crowd thins down to sometimes nobody but you walking along. The twinkling lights, the music, so romantic. Also a perfect picture opportunity, just grab a CM & they will take a pic.

Enjoy, don't rush, be a kid & take pics with the 2 of you with characters (the character chaperones will do it).

Eljay

Whoops, one more thing, I see that you are from my neck of the woods - of course you will take the Turnpike, but get off at the Osceola Parkway exit. It's such a huge improvement over the Kissimmee exit. There is a $1.25 toll, well worth it. Just get off, go left, (west) and watch for the WDW signs. Actually there is a great Chevron station on the left almost immediately after you exit. Cheap gas, clean rest rooms, lotto tickets. It's at a light, so easy access back onto Osceola to continue west. Watch your speed on this road, there is usually a radar speed trap.
Have fun!

Blizz

One day in the morning or afternoon take teh water shuttle (for guests of POR and POFQ) to Downtown Dinsey via the Sasagola River. Its a nice boatride and walking around DTD and Pleasure Island is very nice. You could also try going over in the afternoon and have lunch at Bongos. I am sure what ever you do, you will have a great time.

Also, remember this is Disney, if you want anything, you can always jsut ask. They even have people who worry about the little details for a trip like this. The front desk and guest relations can put you in touch with the right people.

Oh and a must I think, is breakfast at the Kona Cafe at the Polynesian on the day you go to the MK. Take your bus to the TTC and then take the monorail to the Poly. Get off, have breakfast (I suggest the Tonga Toast (best breakfast in the world!!!)) then after breakfast take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. We do this on every trip.

have a great time!!!

9 more days till I am there!!!

MadisonLynn

Original Poster
Thanks for all your replies, I really like to hear from you guys. I have two days to get everything together. I want to make sure everything is perfect, its like a newlywed mini honey moon but were not married. Im 24 he's 32 and we have been together for 3 months.We already have our Florida resident passes paid and all our prority seatings made. How is Cinderellas Castle for dinner?We dont have time for Pleasure Island, I figured thursday evening(we arrive between 8pm and 9pm), well do the yummy champagne and relax together in the room, unpack and take a walk, I even got those pink rose petals meant for the bath tub,they stay on the surface for quite awhile than dissolve. My boyfriend loves baths, isnt that funny, I thought only women enjoyed baths. I have all the candles and the tealight ones wont melt on anything because they just melt into their container, the few bigger candles to even out the look, I have all stands for.......yes Im crazy and am going all out but I figure you couldnt have a better welcome.Plus, its nice for the women to go out of the way to suprise their man. Im going to buy cheap roses and take the rose petals off and pack them right before our three hour drive.Im going to put them all over the bed and room. What color or colors should I get to go with the decor at the mansions rooms?
Would pink and red be good since my special outfit is baby pink? hehe:lol: How should I store the rose petals to keep them fresh on the way there? Just a couple more questions, Im bringing one of those black woven bags not too big, what should I pack for the parks, I thought my passporter book, disposable camera, wet wipes to refresh, my mister fan bottle, chapstick and sunscreen(I found this really cute small one),extra socks.I got one of those water bottle strap holders, is ice free in disney? Are the water fountains a good place to refill the water? Big Mickey Hugs Thanks

Eljay

Don't forget a couple of the plastic ponchos, you know of course that it's rainy season. A storm every afternoon is the rule. They work well for the Kali River Rapids ride in AK also!

MadisonLynn

Original Poster
Any one know how I should store the rose petals for our three hour drive, its part of my boyfriends suprise night at the hotel. Any thing else you think would add a romantic touch to the room?
Thanks everyone, im itching in my pants its tuesday and we leave thurs evening im so excited I cant contain myself

Eljay

Maybe the rose petals would be OK in a ziplock bag in a small cooler with ice. You can hide them in the cooler with your water bottles. That's another thing that you can bring to save a lot of money on, your own bottles of water. There is absolutely no problems carrying one into the parks.
Your choice of Cinderella's for dinner is great, very romantic. Be sure to take a picture of the 2 of you in Cindy's throne. No alcohol served anywhere in the MK though. The other parks & resorts, no problem.

SnowWhite5669

The mansions are very romantic. We stayed there a few summers ago. I believe PO now has a horse and buggy ride that might be nice if it's not too hot. Have a great time and don't stress out, sometimes if you plan too much things aren't what you expected. We usually play everything by ear and we always have a great time (I'm 34 and my husband is 47). Who knows, my husband proposed to me and we had only be dating two months when we went to Disney the first time!! Since then we have been back 13 times!! You really should try to squeeze Pleasure Island in. The jazz club is very romantic and why not go to Mannequins for a little dancing!! The gift shop in the lobby has a selection of wine and beverages, too. Also the Disney flower shop will deliver to your room, they have a wide assortment of bouquets and baskest. We got back last month and I let the front desk (Beach Club) know it was our anniversary and the next day we had balloons, a card from Mickey & Minnie and a special pin!!:sohappy: Have fun!!

SnowWhite5669

PS. The rose petals sounds nice but think of the mess that you will have to clean up!!

Le Cellier is very romantic (nice and dark!!) and very yummy!!
Also check out the cruises that leave from the Boardwalk, they have a special one that goes out to Illuminations!!

SnowWhite5669

Oh- another thought!! Since you will have a car, a nice little side trip is Celebration. Columbia Restaurant is perhaps one of our most favorite restaurants around, we got hooked on the one in St. Armands Circle and found this one by accident one day. It is very quiet and a great little side trip to take even before you get to the parks!!

Can I just plan everything for you?? :lol: :lol:

Vernonpush

IF you do end up at Downtown Disney or Pleasure Island in the evening the boat trip back to the resort can be very romantic late at night (especially if you're the only ones on the boat):animwink:

Blizz

Originally posted by SnowWhite5669
Oh- another thought!! Since you will have a car, a nice little side trip is Celebration. Columbia Restaurant is perhaps one of our most favorite restaurants around, we got hooked on the one in St. Armands Circle and found this one by accident one day. It is very quiet and a great little side trip to take even before you get to the parks!!

Can I just plan everything for you?? :lol: :lol:

Ah yes, the Columbia has the best Cuban food. (sorry to say, but its better then Bongos!) Celebration is a great place to go. Rent a Segway or a GEM Car for NEVrland. Or take a stroll around the beatiful lake there.

And they have a great coffee shop in downtown celebration.

Eljay

Another fun thought - put in a request for a wake up call. Let HIM answer the phone in the morning for a cute surprize!

Maria

Originally posted by Eljay
Hey MadisonLynn,
How did the trip go?

Chiiit... I read this too late! :hammer:

I don´t think she made it to P.I. (or anywhere) on Thursday night! :D :animwink:

MadisonLynn, how did it go? I hope it was a total success!! :sohappy:

How did you end up taking the petals with you on the road? I am curious to know!

:wave:

MadisonLynn

Original Poster
:) Hey everyone, the trip was great. We played punch buggy on the road and I got beat. We did not end up going out on thurs evening. The champagne and flowers were waiting in our room. Oh my gosh Moet yummy with disney glasses. The roses stunck so bad by the time we got their. So I skipped that part. I froze them and they still stunk. We got back to our room Fri evening and had a towel in the shape of a heart and a big rose in the middle from mouse keeping. It was so sweet. I guess she realized we were a couple because we never met her and only slept in one bed together. The next day we had a little mouse with eyes a nose and tail sitting next to the hehe empty champagne bottle and she made a whole ensemble of our flowers ribbons glasses and added a few more touches. I was so impressed. We got great service and had a very romantic and magical time. We ate at rose and crown pub and had outside seating for the fireworks. We also ate in cinderellas castle. It was the best . I wish we could have stayed for a week, and next time maybe a deluxe resort. Port Orleans was soooo beautiful. Thanks to all.

Maria

Originally posted by MadisonLynn
We did not end up going out on thurs evening. The champagne and flowers were waiting in our room.

Hehehe... told ya! :D

I´m sorry about the roses :lol:

Glad you had a wonderful time! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom