questioning CBR for 8/24-8/31

disneydudette

Now that I kno that construction has been finalized for the CBR to be started on 9/8.....I'm questioning our stay at the resort for 8/24-8/31......

do u think they would be makin pre-construction preperations at this time??? The food court is where we would prob. be having dinner and breakfast everyday.....I would hate to have construction signs and other such things scattered around...that would put a real damper on the trip......plus the fact that they could be not stocking all foods that they usually have....for the reason of spoiling over the resevation......

If neone has nemore information on this can they please tell me....

I'm not saying that I'm going to change my resort just because there is a sign that says construction......or less food...but I would like to kno if we will be seriously effected by going down this week....

thanx:kiss: :wave:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I would think it very unlikely that you would see any signs of construction. They are closing down the whole resort to make this have as minimal impact on guests as possible, so I am sure you will be just fine. :)

If you are still concerned, call CRO (reservations) and tell them your concerns. They will be able to help you out. :) The number is in the Resources Board.

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

wdwfan22

Originally posted by cuteypatooty78
Why do they have to close the whole resort just to rehab the food court?

With the food court and the restaurant closed the Caribbean Beach loses it's resort status. Now its more of a motel. Who would want to pay money for a resort with no place to shop or eat. Not to many of us. It's better to just move everybody to another moderate resort.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

There will be no food service for the resort period. Everyone would have to go somewhere else to eat.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
And it's not like they have a Waffle House next door. ;)

I doubt that food spoilage would be a problem....anything usable when they close can just be transferred to another resort or restaurant....so they can continue with a full menu until they actually close.

Upvote 0

Worldphile

Don't forget that attendance is down at WDW. Rather than keep three or so moderate resorts open at half capacity, close one and keep two open at 2/3 or so capacity. Closing CBR could be a convenient time to do a rehab and save some $$$ at the same time.

Has anyone heard if CMs will be laid off as a result of this closure?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom