Question: Polynesian resort visitors?

RealHawker

Original Poster
We have a room at the polynesian for 5 nights with my wife and I, plus my 18mo old child. My mother who lives in tampa wants to come visit for a night. What are the rules about parking/visitors etc... What id she wanted to stay the night(only 1 night).

Thanks

mrtoad

I believe they will charge you extra for her if you tell them she will be there. It is around $15.00 a night I believe so it is not make or break type of dollars.

Tara Mae

We had the same situation, but with a cousin.

She just drove in, told the "teller" she was visiting family for a couple of nights, and had no fee charged on her.

She stayed for a week, parked her car, and didn't get back in it until she left.

I didn't know there were parking charges. That's new...to me.

Same with the visitor thing...there's policies? Usually we just drive right in, no questions. (We take the monorail daily) That could be because we have an "Old Key West" paper in the dash.

mrtoad

Sorry, the charge I was talking about was not for parking. I don't think their is a parking charge.

What I was talking about was for the room. The way it works is if your room is say $250.00 a night, that is for 2 adults and 2 or 3 kids depending on the room. Kids are under 18 I think but you would have to verify that. So if you have 3 adults, you need to pay extra for the 3rd adult and I think it is around $15.00 but that is a guess, I don't remember the exact figure.

RealHawker

Original Poster
thanks guys, at worst it's $15 bucks. Not bad.

Can't wait to go!

Anyone know how and when is the best way to make a room request?

FAX? Phone? 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 days? I booked thru AAvacations.com

thanks

mrtoad

RealHawker said:

Can't wait to go!

thanks

Not sure on that, sorry.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
RealHawker said:

Can't wait to go!

thanks

Having made reservations that way, I believe the only thing you can do is make your request when you are checking in.

maelstrom

It is $25 extra a night at the deluxe resorts for more than 2 adults per room.
$15 at the moderates.
$10 at the values.

RealHawker said:

Can't wait to go!

thanks
You should fax your request directly to the resort Guest Relations. It used to be that you sent it to a "Room Assigner", but I'm not sure it still works that way. Send it four days before your arrival.

I think there's a list of fax numbers somewhere on this site, but if not you can get it from Disney.

Craig

RealHawker

Original Poster
To make an update.

I asked the front desk about having my mother come to visit, and stay in the room. They said since we only have 2 adults, we could easily add another adult at no charge. They even offered to make her a seperate room key, they had it waiting for my mother when she arrived, and gave her a window sticker for her car. All this for no charge.

As in my trip report. Polynesian and their staff rules.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom