Question: Please Advise

Goof-Man

Hello All,

What is everyone's opinion in regards to the Annual Pass: It is quite vague on the disney site as to the other discounts you receive at Downtown Disney and Animal Kingdom and I beleive Epcot. Could someone please advise. Also, from my calculation, if I go at least 11 times, the pass is paid for. Now with the Magic your way package, prices are really cheap. Any comments would be appreciated.

Now, another note: I am planning a trip for April 22 - May 4 2006, the family that I am going with are newbies to Disney to say the least. Now they do not want to spend 13 hours in the park on any one day, so I thought the 7 day pass so we could go back in the evening to MK, MGM, and Epcot to see the fireworks and or SpectroMagic. Does anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

I appreciate all input! Thanks

barrettnichols

Depends on how old the kids are. With small kids, hitting the parks in the AM, head back to the resort in the afternoon, swim, nap, etc. Head back in around dinner, do a little looking around, see some fireworks and head home. The mid day break can keep little kids going alot longer. The extra days are great, we tend to get maxed out on any vacation after about 6 days.

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

The list of discounts is actually pretty long, but subject to change from year to year so may or may not be the same in 06.

Here's some of the 05 discounts for the standard annual pass:
- unlimited park hopping admission to the 4 disney theme parks.
- free parking at disney parks and water parks.
- $25 off membership in the disney dining experience (20% off most sit down meals)
- 10% off food at many Downtown Disney restaurants. Similar discounts at merchendise stores.
- 10% off food during lunch at many resort and Epcot sit down restaurants
- 10% off food at AK's Rainforest Cafe after 2:30pm
- 10% off food at All Star Cafe
- 20% off Alam Rent A Car
- 30% off Day Visitor Rate at Disney Golf Courses, 50% off mini golf
- $20 off Richard Petty Driving Experience.
- 10% off select Spa treatments at GF and Saratoga Springs Spas
- 15% off watercraft rental
- 10% off parasailing
- 15% off guided tours at WDW
- $4 off admission to water parks, disneyquest, and pleasure island.
- Entry into special passholder only events such as ride previews.
and now room discounts through the Best Rate Program when available (do a thread search for that).

There may be a few others that I missed.
Hope it helps.

Upvote 0

Goof-Man

Original Poster
Thanks for the quick reply, now witht the premium annual pass that includes waterparks, disneyquest and pleasure island, correct?

Upvote 0

Yanks07

Resort savings alone are worth it. I booked BC 3 mos. ago and saved about $90/nite. off regular rate. If you plan to eat at Disney, get DDE. It`s worth it. Leave Wed. for 6 days:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Yanks07 said:
Resort savings alone are worth it. I booked BC 3 mos. ago and saved about $90/nite. off regular rate. If you plan to eat at Disney, get DDE. It`s worth it. Leave Wed. for 6 days:sohappy:
Ah but resort savings are not a guaranteed benefit of having an AP. Just ask all those AP holders that traveled to WDW earlier this month. It is a very nice perk but should not be your sole reason for purchasing an AP.

Upvote 0

Yanks07

Good point, some AP holders never had a chance for a discount when the new system came out. Let`s just say buy an AP if you go a lot. The discounts are a bonus.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom