Question on Time Racers:SSE

mickeykid79

Original Poster
Now I know this whole thing is still a rumor, But what exactly is goign to be Time Racers?!?!

I was at Epcot, just recently and i saw no work in or around SSE, just a little paint work on the wand and monorail track work.

Could Time Racers, being a presentation display, like the Dream Chaser VR presentation at Test Track?
or
Will see the same fate that Space Mountain at Disneyland is going throught, with SSE.Which is being gutted and rebuilt!?!

Is Microsoft a sponsor? Or was that just for the DisneyBlast?

----I imagine, Time Racers to be a thrill ride, like the Light Bike in the movie Tron. LOL :cool:

Favrefire4

Well Time Racers right now has the possibility of two options. One option is a huge 3-d show but personally I think that is the least likely of the two. The second option is an indoor rollercoaster through time. This is the more likely option. Even, if they did do this it wouldn't be done till atleast 2005. Now, in my opinion I don't think SE should ever be changed but then again it isn't up to me. Hope this helps!

Testtrack321

From what I've heard, it won't even be a coater, but morel like a combination of the current SSE and Spider-Man, but who knows....

the-reason

What exactly is Time Racers, and is at another disney park, if so, which one.

I dont think I wanna see a rollercoaster type ride at Epcot
it just wouldnt look right, I mean look, SSE has been here ever since 82 and may be(to this generation)boring, but look, to just get rid of it is messed up.Couldnt they put this timeracer ride
somewhere else in future world.SSE is a classic. Imagine seeing Time racers sign under SSE instead of SpaceshipEarth, that'll
just feel wierd.

Lee

Adventurer
OK, once again...
According to various sources, Spaceship Earth is going to close in early 2005, and undergo a complete makeover. New show, new ride system, new everything except for the basic premise of the history of communications. It will still be called Spaceship Earth.

It is NOT going to be a coaster.

Time Racers is the possible post show activity for the remodeled Spaceship Earth, not the ride itself. Sort of like the post show for Space.

Get it?

the-reason

O.K, so its gonna close for a complete makeover, but is going to
be still an omnimover attraction, you mean like redo the entire ride and make it go in different rooms and redo the AAs and stuff, then what will Time Racers be some kind of simulater, and what'll happen to the globel neighborhood.

mickeykid79

Original Poster
Well we all know EPCOT is going through a huge makeover, regardless whether its small and big.
Like whats up with UoE, under rehab, but still open?
Im not going to touch Soarin' over at The Land
and The Living Seas? I have seen better fish at the supermarket.

and after, spending an hour playing the Haunted Mansion game at Innoventions, I realized that Motorola display is gone!

Anyways, Time Racers just better be something big, bold and beautiful, because if it turns out to be just touch screen computer that tells you the que-line time length, WDI heads are going to roll! LOL:lol:

Maybe its the new fast pass system,
ex: You just finish riding Finding Nemo's EAC Rollercoaster at the Living Seas and you have 5 minutes til you Fastpass expires to ride Maelstrom. You go over the to the Time Racer station where you hop on a Segway and race against time to reach your destination.
:sohappy:

Timekeeper

time pacers

It sounds to me like Disney might be trying to compete with everything that the Mummy attraction at Universal Studios is predicted to have. Attractions from this point forward *have* to be technologically advance to compete in the theme park market, ala Mission:Space. Spider-Man got a ton of press because of its technological breakthroughs, and now Mission:Space is doing the same. Mummy (Revenge of...) seems like it will be the "industry leader" in innovative attraction much like Spider-Man was when Islands of Adventure opened.

Instead of the original omnimover set-up, the future attraction seems to be along the lines of Indiana Jones/Dinosaur. Fast paced, programable motion, omni directional, efficient guest per hour rates, open to strong theming, etc.

While I too would like to see SSE stay the way it is, if it "must" be replaced, I suppose I would like to see a ride layout similar to the forementioned attractions.

Tk

orlpassholder

Persoanlly I wish SSE would be left alone. Somethings just do not need to updated and or changed. I dont see them yanking Its A Small World out to put something new in. Why no just improve other areas

djmatthews

As much as I love Space Ship Earth, I always welcome change. Space Ship Earth is getting into bad shape from all accounts, maybe its time for a make over - my guess is that it'll happen after Soarin' opens.

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by the-reason
O.K, so its gonna close for a complete makeover, but is going to
be still an omnimover attraction, you mean like redo the entire ride and make it go in different rooms and redo the AAs and stuff, then what will Time Racers be some kind of simulater, and what'll happen to the globel neighborhood.

I have no definate answer as to the ride system. Neither does Steve. Various sources have compared it to everything from similar to Test Track vehicles, or maybe Rocket Rods, or even Indy/CTX Rover vehicles. We just don't know at this point.
Also, noone knows for sure about Time Racers, other than it is part of the post show, like Space Race, and will be an interactive sort of acivity.

EpcoTim

Originally posted by Lee
I have no definate answer as to the ride system. Neither does Steve. Various sources have compared it to everything from similar to Test Track vehicles, or maybe Rocket Rods, or even Indy/CTX Rover vehicles. We just don't know at this point.
Also, noone knows for sure about Time Racers, other than it is part of the post show, like Space Race, and will be an interactive sort of acivity.
Geez Lee, your the information man.I think I love you. Anyway, just as long as they dont turn the ball into a carnival ride, keep it similar to what it is now, just updated, ill be happy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom