Question on Making Online ADRs

S&K_Md

Original Poster
Unfortunately, I think I know the answer to this question, but I figured I'd toss it out to the amassed knowledge of the forum to verify...

We had to cancel our planned trip and ADR for Lunch at CRT in April. I'm now trying to reschedule for May, and of course, at this date I'm having trouble finding any available times for a new CRT ADR. I think I found one Dinner at like 9:30 pm, which would be ok for us, but probably not ideal for the almost 2-year-old. So I'm to the point now of waiting and hoping for a cancellation.

Which brings me to my question... Is there any way in the online reservations system to check availability over multiple days and/or multiple time periods? What I'd love to be able to do is search for any availability for Breakfast, Lunch, and even Dinner over the entire length of the stay. I'm pretty sure I'm out of luck on that, but it can't hurt to ask.

If all else fails, I'll either keep checking and rechecking individual days and time periods, or keep having to call the Reservations number and having Disney do it for me their way.

Thanks in advance...
Scott

Annielkd

Unfortunately, I think I know the answer to this question, but I figured I'd toss it out to the amassed knowledge of the forum to verify...

We had to cancel our planned trip and ADR for Lunch at CRT in April. I'm now trying to reschedule for May, and of course, at this date I'm having trouble finding any available times for a new CRT ADR. I think I found one Dinner at like 9:30 pm, which would be ok for us, but probably not ideal for the almost 2-year-old. So I'm to the point now of waiting and hoping for a cancellation.

Which brings me to my question... Is there any way in the online reservations system to check availability over multiple days and/or multiple time periods? What I'd love to be able to do is search for any availability for Breakfast, Lunch, and even Dinner over the entire length of the stay. I'm pretty sure I'm out of luck on that, but it can't hurt to ask.

If all else fails, I'll either keep checking and rechecking individual days and time periods, or keep having to call the Reservations number and having Disney do it for me their way.

Thanks in advance...
Scott

Actually, call the number... they will do it for you for several days. Also, if you can't get something... call the place the day of ... or pop in. We've been in luck 50% of the time that way.

DizneyPryncess

Nope, just 1 day at a time. I wish you could check online over a number of days, it would make it easier. Call 1-407-WDW-DINE and they can check for your entire trip. Keep calling too, even if there's nothing the first time you call. People cancel all the time.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

Thanks in advance...
Scott

Hey Scott,

I'm sorry you are having trouble getting the ADR. There is nothing on the online system to show you how availability and if there is an opening. But some tips on getting a last minute table at CRT. If you want breakfast, make one for another location (if you can, like Crystal Palace) and then go up to the podium at CRT and ask if they have anything and tell them you are willing to wait. Also, ask the concierge at your resort to see if they can help you with the situation. If you don't do the breakfast trick, then head to the podium first thing and see if you can put your name in for lunch or dinner.

My DH and I were there in June 2009 for 10 days at GF. We had deluxe dining and had already eaten at CRT for dinner. But we wanted a breakfast on our last day (our new tradition). The concierge couldn't help with getting a bfast CRT, but gave us the suggestion of making one early, before park opening, at Crystal Palace and then go to the CRT podium. He also suggested that I pulled out all the stops. So we wore our bday buttons (my DH was celebrating a bday that trip) and I had my minnie ears on. And ... it worked.

Hope this helps!

Oh - and just keep calling - every day - to see if they have a cancellation.

:wave:

vjgraham

Actually, call the number... they will do it for you for several days. Also, if you can't get something... call the place the day of ... or pop in. We've been in luck 50% of the time that way.

It's a shame but when online booking started several years ago , you could actually pick a time and search over a 5-6 day span. Not sure why they took that option away but i used it to find open slots for weeklong vacations.

Cendure

"If you want breakfast, make one for another location (if you can, like Crystal Palace) and then go up to the podium at CRT and ask if they have anything and tell them you are willing to wait."

Problem with doing this is you have to leave a CC number to hold the reservation at Character meals now and if you don't cancel within a certain amount of time, you'll be charged $10/person for being a no-show. I would just keep trying or as others have said call the Disney and have them check for your entire length of stay.

S&K_Md

Original Poster
Thanks for all the responses. I was pretty certain that this was the case. Interesting to hear that the online system may have once had the capability to search over multiple days/times, but no longer. This is actually my first trip back to WDW since they offered online reservation capability. It's a nice feature, but this really is a limitation I wish they would address.

During our last trip in 2008, it wasn't until I called the day of our MK visit that I was able to get into CRT for lunch. I figured I'd try one last time just before we left our room, and it paid off. So, yeah, I'm a big fan of the, "keep trying until the last possible moment," approach! :)

So until then, checking and re-checking online and over the phone it is for me. In the meantime, as a fallback plan, I may revert to Akershus just to ensure we get by 6-year-old daughter her requisite princess fix. :king:

Thanks again!

Scott

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom