Question on extending my stay

Llamaface

I've got a family trip coming up in August. Right now we've booked 9nights/10days and two rooms at Pop including the free dining plan, Aug 20-29.

I have a friend who may be interesting in coming down to join me either before or after my booked time.

My question is, can I extend only my stay for the maximum 14 days for the free dining plan without having to purchase any more park tickets for myself? In other words, could I add 5 nights onto my package, keep a 10 day park pass for myself and be eligible for the free dining for all 14 days, the rest of the family goes home, then have my friend purchase their 5 day pass and get free dining as well?

Llamaface

Original Poster
Yes, but if you have other people in the room they will need to remain on the reservation for the extension.

Hmm, so what will that mean from a financial perspective? I assume the second room can be dropped, so if there are 2 other people with me in one room, would they just be required to have 10 day passes as well?

Is the arriving person ok to purchase a 5 day pass or do they need a 10 day so its the same as the others?

As another alternative, I suppose if I want to pick a different resort for each stay that completely messes up my 10 day pass and I'd likely need to re-purchase that, right?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Hmm, so what will that mean from a financial perspective? I assume the second room can be dropped, so if there are 2 other people with me in one room, would they just be required to have 10 day passes as well?

Is the arriving person ok to purchase a 5 day pass or do they need a 10 day so its the same as the others?

As another alternative, I suppose if I want to pick a different resort for each stay that completely messes up my 10 day pass and I'd likely need to re-purchase that, right?
Will the new person be staying in your room or a separate room?

Upvote 0

Llamaface

Original Poster
My room.

Basically Im looking to extend my stay to the max 14 nights that is allowed for the free dining offer. Then having two of us share a room for 5 nights, that person leaves and 6 more arrive and seven of us share 2 rooms for nine more nights. Holy cow that sounds far more complicated than it is, lol.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

Check the difference in prices with the 10 day tics and the 14 day tics. The price is really not that much more for the 14. It is worth it to get it...even if you just run in to shop or eat.

Upvote 0

Llamaface

Original Poster
How do I get 14 day tickets? I show the max at 10 days (Im in Canada).

But this raises another question for me concerning the free dining. Do I need to have 14 days of park pass tickets in order to get 14 days of free dining, or is a 10 day pass but staying on site for 14 days acceptable?

Upvote 0

Rob562

How do I get 14 day tickets? I show the max at 10 days (Im in Canada).

But this raises another question for me concerning the free dining. Do I need to have 14 days of park pass tickets in order to get 14 days of free dining, or is a 10 day pass but staying on site for 14 days acceptable?

I think this is the simplest question to answer so far in this thread... ;)
The DIning Plan is linked to the numebr of nights on your reservation, not park tickets. You could buy a 1-day park ticket and meet the requirements necessary for the package.

As for the rest of your situation... I think a lot will depend on *how* your current reservation is set up. Is it a single reservation for both rooms? Or are the two rooms on separate reservations? If they're separate, it will increase your flexibility. It would also help with matters if you'll only be sharing your room with one other person (at least in terms of who's listed on which reservation) when the rest of the group arrives, because then you'd essentially just be subtituting one person with another.

Oh, and MYW park tickets are limited to a maximum of 10 days. To get admission beyond that, you'd have to either buy a second ticket, or it probably becomes cheaper to upgrade your MYW ticket to an Annual Pass. (There's actually a discussion about this elsewhere in this forum, where someone's going for a 14-day trip, and wanted to know what their options were) 14-day and 21-day tickets do exist, but they're only sold to residents of the UK and Ireland (and occasionally other European countries)

-Rob

Upvote 0

lwalker8

I asked about 13 day tickets in another forum. There are 14 day tickets for European travelers, I don't think they apply to Canadians though.

I have to get annual passes...

Upvote 0

Llamaface

Original Poster
Thanks for all the input folks. Appreciate it.

I think this is the simplest question to answer so far in this thread... ;)
The DIning Plan is linked to the numebr of nights on your reservation, not park tickets. You could buy a 1-day park ticket and meet the requirements necessary for the package.

As for the rest of your situation... I think a lot will depend on *how* your current reservation is set up. Is it a single reservation for both rooms? Or are the two rooms on separate reservations? If they're separate, it will increase your flexibility. It would also help with matters if you'll only be sharing your room with one other person (at least in terms of who's listed on which reservation) when the rest of the group arrives, because then you'd essentially just be subtituting one person with another.

Oh, and MYW park tickets are limited to a maximum of 10 days. To get admission beyond that, you'd have to either buy a second ticket, or it probably becomes cheaper to upgrade your MYW ticket to an Annual Pass. (There's actually a discussion about this elsewhere in this forum, where someone's going for a 14-day trip, and wanted to know what their options were) 14-day and 21-day tickets do exist, but they're only sold to residents of the UK and Ireland (and occasionally other European countries)

-Rob

OK, so my 10 park pass is enough to get the free dining for 14 days as long as I stay onsite for those 14 days.

Unfortunately the reservation was a single res for both rooms. Maybe I can get that changed and make it work but it's for 3 adults in one room and 4 in another.

I don't actually need any more days at the parks since Im getting a 10 day pass but the large group only has plans for spending 5 days at the parks. I convinced them to buy 10 day passes since it's only $16 more and would give us the flexibility to slip into a park on an extra day if we changed our minds. My new plan was to be able to use the extra days once the family leaves and the friend arrives so I wouldnt have to buy any more park tickets. I suppose I could forego the free dining and just book a different room with the 30-40% off the rack rate deal instead. That would be easiest if my friend wants to come after the family leaves. If she wants to come before...well, I cant get my 10 day park pass since it will be tied to the family reservation. :brick:

Screw it, Im going to Universal. :lol:

Upvote 0

Rob562

Thanks for all the input folks. Appreciate it.

OK, so my 10 park pass is enough to get the free dining for 14 days as long as I stay onsite for those 14 days.

Unfortunately the reservation was a single res for both rooms. Maybe I can get that changed and make it work but it's for 3 adults in one room and 4 in another.

I don't actually need any more days at the parks since Im getting a 10 day pass but the large group only has plans for spending 5 days at the parks. I convinced them to buy 10 day passes since it's only $16 more and would give us the flexibility to slip into a park on an extra day if we changed our minds. My new plan was to be able to use the extra days once the family leaves and the friend arrives so I wouldnt have to buy any more park tickets. I suppose I could forego the free dining and just book a different room with the 30-40% off the rack rate deal instead. That would be easiest if my friend wants to come after the family leaves. If she wants to come before...well, I cant get my 10 day park pass since it will be tied to the family reservation. :brick:

Screw it, Im going to Universal. :lol:

It's definitely a complicated issue, especially as all the extra people are adults, and you'd be paying the extra fee for the 3rd adult in the room even when they're not there.

Also wanted to point out that even if the others in the large group get the 10-day tickets, your friend will not be able to use any of their unused days. The tickets are tied to a specific person, and do not allow sharing. Your friend would have to get their own ticket.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom