Question: Marathon Park Stops?

Ariel484

The course does run alongside one side of the SDMT facility. There were a fair number of runners this past year that were taking pictures with the Dopey cutout on the wall since this was one of the very few opportunities to take any pic with Dopey (5k and Marathon were the only two spots I recall seeing him on course)
Okay, thanks! Couldn't remember for sure.

Kermit262

The Mine Ride officially opens on May 28, and we are arriving at the Parks on June 1, so I don't have long to wait to ride it. But like many here I'm bummed that it appears we can't ride it during the marathon.

A few times in this thread, Everest has been mentioned as an attraction accessible during the marathon. Is this "officially" open to marathoners, or something that is informally done?

Anyway, it's too bad, but will still be an awesome experience ... a margarita pickup in Mexico is a definite possibility :)
I'm not much of a drinker but I've decided that this is definitely something I'll plan to do as part of my celebration. :)

AUPr8Hd

Park bathrooms:

In AK:
just before Expedition Everest
just prior to exiting Dinoland

In WWoS:
there was a bathroom right before the short trek on the track
might have been one other - I kind of block out WWoS

In DHS:
bathrooms in ABC Commisary
off to the left before exiting the park (just as you pass the buildings)

In Epcot:
pretty much every country you pass :cool:

AUPr8Hd

Everest is "unofficial" as it's opening may or may not have happened by the time you reach that point. As it's about 13 miles into to marathon, a fair amount of runners are already past it when it hits official opening for the day

lukacseven

The Mine Ride officially opens on May 28, and we are arriving at the Parks on June 1, so I don't have long to wait to ride it. But like many here I'm bummed that it appears we can't ride it during the marathon.
None of the rides in MK are open to ride during any of the races. MK is open to spectators who are limited to Main ST. & the area in front of the castle only (no admission required). The park is lit and some years rides were operating empty (Astro Orbiter & carousel) - other years no rides. After the last runners go through MK, per the specified pacing requirements, all of the spectators must leave the park to prepare for the official opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom