Question for local guest.

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
If you are a local visitor to WDW do you do any planning? for example, we were just discussing park hours, so if you are local do you check the hours of MK and have the ability to change your plans?
I'm not local so I definitely get the park hours and plan my MK visit for the days when it's open until at least 10.
Or let's extend that if you are offsite visiting Orlando as oppose to just Disney, do you plan as much?

HoldenC

If you are a local visitor to WDW do you do any planning
One of the great things about being a local is I have the ability to do spur of the moment visits without planning. I know some of the Negative Nacys on this site claim it's impossible to visit WDW without 180 days of advance planning but its possible and doable.

The planning I do is strictly limited to FastPasses. I refuse to wait in standby now because I've been so spoiled. Depending on my mood and what I wanna do, if i can't get a FP i wont go. Now if I'm going to just watch fireworks, which i do often, then I'm not concerned about getting a FP. I've never had an issue booking a dining reservation either.
so if you are local do you check the hours of MK and have the ability to change your plans?
To be frank, the magic kingdom is my least visited park. It is funny to consider that since I can literally walk to the park from my house if I wanted to. But the hassle of parking at the TTC and taking the boat or monorail over to the park makes me not want to visit unless I'm staying on property with my family.

TheX8

I'm a local-ish (if you consider Miami local) I normally just wing it. I usually give myself a goal of riding a must-ride ride and be content if thats the only thing I do. It's generally spontaneous. Last time I went which was 2 weeks ago, my goal was to purchase The Pirates of The Caribbean spirit jersey and just enjoy my presence in Disney (I ended up driving to Disney and back on the same day.) I really don't plan much cause I know whatever I miss I can make up in another trip.

I live about 4 hours away in South Florida but consider myself semi local as I can go just about any weekend. I make my fast passes and if there's a short line for an additional ride I'll ride it. For the most part I don't plan much. Many times I even make dinning reservations the day of. Also I've managed to get some long sought after Fast passes by just modifying my current one the day of and sometimes end up with FOP or another ride that's high in demand.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It depends on the trip. Some, especially those that involve meeting others at the parks, get planed quite a bit. If the wife and I are solo it can range from zero planning aside from room reservations, to every detail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom