Question for EVC

GinaDisney

Hi, We are going to Disney world with my in-laws in April.
my father-in-law wants to rent an evc for the first time.
he can walk alone, not long stretches and not standing still for too long. Does anyone have tips which I can rent the best? And what to look out for? TIA

Gina

ninjaprincesst

Well it all depends on what you consider the best, if you are staying at a Disney Resort the only remaining Disney "approved " vendor is Scooter Bug. All the other vendors you will have to arrange a time to meet in front of the resort to pick up the scooter. Be sure to get his return times at attractions so he is not standing too long. Also I have found that the larger scooters also tend for some reason to have longer distance on the battery.

Upvote 0

bUU

Okay I'm a bit confused. When we were at Kidani Village last week, there were dozens of Buena Vista scooters staged there. They *aren't* Disney's partner scooter rental company? If they aren't, no wonder Disney is cracking down on it.

Upvote 0

GinaDisney

Original Poster
Well it all depends on what you consider the best, if you are staying at a Disney Resort the only remaining Disney "approved " vendor is Scooter Bug. All the other vendors you will have to arrange a time to meet in front of the resort to pick up the scooter. Be sure to get his return times at attractions so he is not standing too long. Also I have found that the larger scooters also tend for some reason to have longer distance on the battery.
Thank you for youre response ! Very helpful thanx

Upvote 0

drizgirl

Okay I'm a bit confused. When we were at Kidani Village last week, there were dozens of Buena Vista scooters staged there. They *aren't* Disney's partner scooter rental company? If they aren't, no wonder Disney is cracking down on it.
Not sure who the previous partner companies are, but they were allowing reservations before a certain date to still be dropped off.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

It's a change as of the beginning of the month. Previously booked rentals can still be held at bell services, but any net new booking must be through Scooter Bug to have it be dropped off w/o you being there. There was alot of uproar as the stoller/mobility vendors starting telling people about the change before Disney had announced anything, so initially it sounded like bell services wouldn't accept things from ANY outside vendor anymore.

Upvote 0

Simba’s Mom

Please remember Scooterbug is"featured" by Disney, not "approved". Having rented both offsite (where the vendor met me) and Buena Vista, who could leave my ECV at bell services, I'd much prefer the one to one contact of an offsite vendor. Here's why-when my scooter was left for me, bell services "lost" my key and I had to wait close to 1/2 hour for them to find another key that would work (yes, many keys are interchangeable). No, it's not BV Scooters fault at all, but it's my 1/2 hour. Also, this I heard about-someone returned their ECV to bell services, then the next day, the ECV rental company called them, had no record of it being returned (at that time, you didn't sign when you returned it-don't know if that's changed), so they wanted to continue charging the guest. It took several phone calls to straighten that one out! On my last visit, my ECV arrived 2 minutes after my DME bus arrived, and the rental company picked it up at the DME stop minutes before the bus arrived. I used Gold Mobility, and couldn't be happier.

Upvote 0

bUU

It's a change as of the beginning of the month. Previously booked rentals can still be held at bell services, but any net new booking must be through Scooter Bug to have it be dropped off w/o you being there. There was alot of uproar as the stoller/mobility vendors starting telling people about the change before Disney had announced anything, so initially it sounded like bell services wouldn't accept things from ANY outside vendor anymore.
Yes, but what I probably should have said was that I was shocked at how much of Disney's space was taken up storing Buena Vista's property and supporting Buena Vista's business.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Yes, but what I probably should have said was that I was shocked at how much of Disney's space was taken up storing Buena Vista's property and supporting Buena Vista's business.

If bell services was storing the scooters, then they were at the time, and authorized Disney Mobility Vendor. Which would mean that they had an agreement in place where I would assume Buena Vista was providing Disney a stipend/reimbursement for that privilege, and following set agreed upon rules. Now that line of scooters will simply say Scooter Bug on them. But unless their price is much higher, I'd suspect the amount of people using drop off to remain fairly similar, simply changing vendors.

Upvote 0

drizgirl

Disney has 36,000 rooms to fill day in/day out at higher prices than their nearby competitors. They really should be providing extra convenience to their customers.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

as well as the other 3 approved vendors (plus Scooter Bug); now it is just Scooter Bug.

Upvote 0

bUU

Disney has 36,000 rooms to fill day in/day out at higher prices than their nearby competitors. They really should be providing extra convenience to their customers.
But not to their customer's service providers. What's next? Having Magical Express transport Delta pilots and crew to Disney resorts where they're put up overnight, without compensation, just because those pilots and crew brought Disney guests to Orlando?

Upvote 0

drizgirl

But not to their customer's service providers. What's next? Having Magical Express transport Delta pilots and crew to Disney resorts where they're put up overnight, without compensation, just because those pilots and crew brought Disney guests to Orlando?
Yes, because that's exactly the same thing. :cautious:

Upvote 0

bUU

It would be trivial to say something that is "exactly the same thing".
What's next? Having Disney devote resources to dealing with the logistics of some other company's scooter rental business?
That's "exactly the same thing". Why do you expect anyone share "exactly the same thing"? Why post such a nonsensical response?

What I posted was analogous. The analogy helps broaden the scope of the kind of transaction going on, so that it is far clearer that expecting such transactions to be that was is unreasonable.

You are working incredibly hard to try to justify bashing Disney for expecting other companies to carry the costs of doing their own business rather than trying to shift some of that onto Disney. It won't work. It isn't reasonable.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom