Question for Disney Transportation cast members

Lokheed

Original Poster
So I just started reading Utopia by Lincoln Child, which is a thriller set in a fictional theme park. At one point very early on the book states that the anticipated attendance for the park that day is 66,000 (it is supposed to be the most popular theme park in the world). The book also describes that the one and only way that guests enter the park is via a ride in a suspended monorail from the parking lot. No busses or any other transportation for guests, just that one monorail terminal. As the park is opening the book describes the monorails going into peak capacity where they can move 1,000 guests every ten minutes.

Of course I immediately did the math in my head and came to the conclusion that it would take eleven hours to get the expected capacity into the park, which just didn't seem like good planning. And that, of course, led me to wonder...

At the Magic Kingdom on a peak day, how many guests is the WDW transportion system capable of delivering to the front gates how quickly? Between the monorails, ferries, smaller boats from the waterfront resorts, busses, etc. --- I hope to God it's better than 100 guests per minute...

Invero

1,000 people per 10 minutes is about what the MK Express can do.

Ferry's can do about the same as well, I believe.

As for Buses... thier capacity can expand or contract based on the number of buses servicing the park.

For the case of the MK, we have the luxury of staggered crowds. They stagger in the morning, all day long, and then at the end of the night, with fireworks, and parades. Makes things a lot easier for us.

xostarrynights

Originally posted by Lokheed
So I just started reading Utopia by Lincoln Child,

good book- read it last year- i found the whole theme park thing so cool and it reminded me of disney except for the whole rides breakdown things.

Lokheed

Original Poster
Originally posted by Invero
For the case of the MK, we have the luxury of staggered crowds. They stagger in the morning, all day long, and then at the end of the night, with fireworks, and parades.

Lord knows I'm usually staggering by the end of the night...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom