Question for Contemporary Rooms

maryg

I apologize if this is a repeat question. I am new, and can't find the search option for the boards.

We are staying in a Garden Room 1 bedroom. I keep asking the woman at the Disney phone number if this is a two bathroom room. She assures me that it is, but like I said, it is only a one bedroom unit. I need two bathrooms.

Also, I am really unsure if this room will be big enough for all of us. 2 adults, 2 teenage girls (this is why I need the other bathroom) and one 7-year-old boy (another reason for the other bathroom).

If anyone is familiar with this layout please help me.

Also, what items can be charged to your room? If I don't do the meal plan, can meals be charged to your room from anywhere in the park?

Thank-you for your help. I planned this vacation, and if memory serves me right, all vacations that "I" have planned have ended up nightmares. I am hoping with Disneyworld, I can't loose.

Scooter

I stayed in the North Garden wing at The Contemporary Resort from May 4th thru the 12th and had a wonderful experiance.

While it was true that they were putting in new Carpeting while I was there, it never inconvienced myself or my family and I looked at it as a GOOD thing.
After all, I think that a hotel that get's new carpeting once in a while is making a great attempt to keep current and look good.
Besides...I enjoyed the new paint smell.
Some of the Coke machines and ice macines were indeed out of service during my stay but that was because of the remodeling. Once the new carpet and paint were in, the machines were back where they belonged.

I even got a piece of the old carpet to take home as a souvigneer! :sohappy:

For some reason, some people don't like this resort but I've stayed at The Contemporary Resort 7 or 8 times and have always had a great time.

The shops and restaurants are some of the best on property, the rooms are huge, and just the sight of that Monorail going through the fouth floor concourse always puts me into the Disney Spirit!

I'm sure you will have a great time there. PM me when you get back and tell me all about it! :)

Upvote 0

JET12monorail

Hey MARYG,

If you will be on property during the first week of June (1-8) I will look forward to seeing you there--I'm also staying at the CR that week and have stayed there many times in the past. It is one of the best resorts on the Disney property. You will not be disappointed. And by the way, if you are not happy with anything to do with the hotel during your stay (.1% chance of that happening) Just call the front desk and ask to speak with the Manager On Duty. Your spending a large amount of $$$$ for your trip and they will do anything they can to assure your happiness. Also, have you considered purchasing annual passes? It may save you $100 per night on your room.--Just a thought.

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I do like the Contemporary - however, because it is an old building, I warn anyone with allergies to avoid the tower. For some reason, and just in the tower rooms, not anywhere else in the building, the air system seems to have accumulated a lot of mildew that bothered my allergies. It's not for a lack of trying on Disney's part - the building was immaculate - but anytime I turned the air on in my room my allergies really bothered me to the point of bad sinus headaches and teary-eyes.

I'm particularly sensative though, I could "smell it" when the air was turned on and no one else noticed. I used to have a similiar problem in the Great Ceremonial House at the Polynesian until recently (its been rehabbed a bit and probably got new systems or duct cleaning).

Otherwise, I love the resort - and if you stay in the tower, the 7th floor has a great view that's not too high.

PS: I usually stay around Christmas so we just kept the balcony door open for air-flow and were fine. If some cat-burglar scaled the walls and made it to my room to rob me or what have you, i'd give them a prize for skilled climbing ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom