Question about Wilderness Lodge transportation

YankeeMouse

Original Poster
Been a few years since we stayed at WL. Does the launch boat go from Contemporary to WL in evening? If we leave MK at closing, would like to walk to Contemporary and then take boat back to WL.

nickys

Premium Member
Been a few years since we stayed at WL. Does the launch boat go from Contemporary to WL in evening? If we leave MK at closing, would like to walk to Contemporary and then take boat back to WL.

Yes, although I’m not sure how late it runs. I know we’ve got one to take us to the latest HDDR, but that would have been around 7:30pm. Going to page @LAKid53 as I know she loves WL.

I assume you’re thinking it would be quicker than waiting for the boat from MK back to WL.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

There's a boat that goes from MK directly to WL. I would take that over walking to Contemporary to take the boat. That boat makes the loop around Bay Lake to WL & Ft. Wilderness.

ETA: The WL boat runs up to an hour and a half after the park closes. You want the RED FLAG boat.

Last edited:

OneofThree

There's a boat that goes from MK directly to WL. I would take that over walking to Contemporary to take the boat. That boat makes the loop around Bay Lake to WL & Ft. Wilderness.

Agreed. With a launch directly to WL, it makes no sense to walk to CR.

epcotisbest

Agreed. With a launch directly to WL, it makes no sense to walk to CR.

There are multiple reasons to walk to CR. Perhaps OP plans to dine there before heading to WL. Perhaps OP wants to just walk around and enjoy the concourse, maybe visit the gifts shops. Maybe they have friends who are staying there and they are headed over to watch the EWP with them. Maybe they want to see the goat on the mural. Maybe they want to see the Christmas decorations (did not mention the timeframe of the visit). Maybe they have fond memories of walking from a previous visit and want to relive a special moment. I'm sure there are multiple other reasons I have not even thought of that make plenty of sense.

OneofThree

There are multiple reasons to walk to CR. Perhaps OP plans to dine there before heading to WL. Perhaps OP wants to just walk around and enjoy the concourse, maybe visit the gifts shops. Maybe they have friends who are staying there and they are headed over to watch the EWP with them. Maybe they want to see the goat on the mural. Maybe they want to see the Christmas decorations (did not mention the timeframe of the visit). Maybe they have fond memories of walking from a previous visit and want to relive a special moment. I'm sure there are multiple other reasons I have not even thought of that make plenty of sense.

That all sounds very quaint -and completely different from the OP's apparent logistics concern.

correcaminos

Ask too which direction the boat is going. There are two routes and one will go to WL the other Ft Wilderness

nickys

Premium Member
Ask too which direction the boat is going. There are two routes and one will go to WL the other Ft Wilderness

It doesn’t matter though!

We went to HDDR. Everyone rushed towards the boat going to FW first, and there was a mad scramble to board.

We just shrugged, waited and got on the one heading to WL. Although we arrived at the FW dock after them, we had disembarked before the last passengers from the first boat.

correcaminos

It doesn’t matter though!

We went to HDDR. Everyone rushed towards the boat going to FW first, and there was a mad scramble to board.

We just shrugged, waited and got on the one heading to WL. Although we arrived at the FW dock after them, we had disembarked before the last passengers from the first boat.
That's not the norm for us. But good to ask what direction and how much longer

Heppenheimer

If we leave upon closing, trying to avoid the mass crowd at the bus station or the boat going to WL. That's the reason :)
In my experience, the boat going to the Wilderness Lodge is the least crowded option leaving the Magic Kingdom at night. If you stay there, it's kind of heartening when you see the huge masses trying to squeeze into the monorails, parking ferryboats and buses...and then there's that small group waiting for the Wilderness Lodge boat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom