Question about WDW Hotel rates?

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Last night my family & I booked our flight for Orlando for this Decemeber & we plan to be at WDW from the 16-24th. I was just reading the rates for the Contemporary & we would be checking in when they are doing their value rates. So I was wondering eventhough they change to the Holiday rates on December 20, would we still be paying the value rate since we plan to check in on the 16th?

SarahBella82

I believe so. In fact, I think that's one of the tips I've read to getting a cheaper hotel rate: book for the night before a peak rate and stay through. Hopefully someone with facts can substantiate this.

Upvote 0

lwalker8

You can keep the lower rate throughout your stay. My family has done that many times also using the annual passholder discounts. We've gotten great deals for room over the Christmas holiday season.

Upvote 0

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
My Dad just called me to tell me that he has confirmed our next vacation to WDW. We will be there from December 16-25. My family & I are staying at the Contemporary in the Atrium Club & what is best of all we are paying the value rate of $490 + tax & not the holiday rate.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

When you book a stay at any Disney owned and operated resort, your nightly rate is always determined by your arrival date and remains the same for the length of your reservation. This is true of both room only and vacation package reservations.

Note this works both ways. If your arrival date is during value season, but you are staying through to peak season, you will be charged value season rates for each and every night on that reservation. If your arrival date is during peak season, but you are staying through to value season, you will be charged peak season rates for each and every night on that reservation.

Also, if you have children who will be celebration a birthday during your stay, your rate will be based on the age of the child on your arrival date. If your child is 9 on the date you check-in, you will not be charged adult pricing for tickets or package components if the child turns 10 during your stay.

The 2006 Seasons are as follows:

Disney's Value and Moderate Resorts:
Jan 1 - Feb 15 > Value
Feb 16 - Apr 22 > Peak
Apr 23 - Aug 26 > Regular
Aug 27 - Oct 4 > Value
Oct 5 - Nov 25 > Regular
Nov 26 - Dec 19 > Value
Dec 20 - Dec 31 > Holiday

Disney's Deluxe Resorts, Fort Wilderness Cabins, and Vacation Club Properties:
Jan 1 - Feb 15 > Value
Feb 16 - Apr 22 > Peak
Apr 23 - Jul 4 > Regular
Jul 5 - Oct 4 > Value
Oct 5 - Nov 25 > Regular
Nov 26 - Dec 19 > Value

Disney's Fort Wilderness Campsites:
Jan 1 - Feb 15 > Value
Feb 16 - Apr 22 > Peak
Apr 23 - Aug 5 > Regular
Aug 6 - Nov 16 > Value
Nov 17 - Dec 19 > Pre-Holiday

Note 2007 Season dates and Resort Hotel rates have yet to be determined. These rates are expected to be released around late July, early August. Vacation Packages for 2007 are expected to be released late August. All information is subject to change without notice.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Nedlo2

JPVonDrake said:
When you book a stay at any Disney owned and operated resort, your nightly rate is always determined by your arrival date and remains the same for the length of your reservation. This is true of both room only and vacation package reservations.

Note this works both ways. If your arrival date is during value season, but you are staying through to peak season, you will be charged value season rates for each and every night on that reservation. If your arrival date is during peak season, but you are staying through to value season, you will be charged peak season rates for each and every night on that reservation.

Yes, but you can work around this if you're coming in during a higher season and staying through a lower one. I just did that for my November/December trip.

I have reservations for 1 night on Nov 25 and then for 6 nights starting Nov 26. They even linked the two reservations together so that I should not have to change rooms. I will verify that when I arrive in November. This really made a difference for me ($$) since we are renting 3 rooms for 7 nights at POFQ (I believe the total savings by breaking up the reservations for the 3 rooms came out to $411) :animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom