question about visiting the parks alone

tigger248

I leave for WDW in just 3 days and I just found out that my friend who I'm meeting up with didn't request off from work. So, unless she can get someone to switch shifts I'll be doing the parks solo. My question is this, what can I do to not make myself feel alone?

When I was a cp I went to a park alone once and ran my phone bill up really high because I was so lonely I talked to my mom the whole time. Can I still have a great time even if I'm by myself? I would like to think that I can (I mean it's the happiest place on earth) but it just still seems a little depressing to watch everyone else with their family and friends. It's amazing how you can feel so alone when you're surrounded by thousands of people.

barnum42

WDWhumanmap said:
i know this is going to sound extremely werid and crazy but i do MK Epcot and DS all in one day.
I think you will find you are not alone in doing multiple parks in a single day. More than once I have spent the morning in Magic Kingdom, the afternoon in Animal Kingdom and the evening in the Studios or Epcot

Upvote 0

I've done 3 parks in the same day before too. Has anyone done all 4 in the same day? My wife's birthday is during our next trip and we are going to try to hit all 4 parks on that day (So she can get all 4 birthday pins on her birthday ;)) If someone has done all 4 in one day is there much time to go on rides? Any tips?

Upvote 0

barnum42

626 said:
Has anyone done all 4 in the same day?
Once - I went to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom then The Studios. At the studios I realised I was really hungry and as I don't rate any of the counter service places there I changed plans and spent the evening at Epcot.

Upvote 0

tigger248

Original Poster
Thanks I feel much better. I was actually thinking of doing some park hopping and going to a couple of parks in a day. I was already planning to spend the majority of the day in MK and a couple hours in AK and now I'm thinking I may add the studios too. I am now feeling better about the whole situation, although part of me still wishes that my friend was off work. We were roomates and best friends when I did the college program and we haven't seen each other since the program which ended in January 2003 so I was kinda looking forward to it being like old times. Oh well hakuna matata.

I do have one question that I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to. Is it possible to get into the MK for e-rides after they begin? We had been planning to do e-rides wednesday night but she doesn't get off work until like 10:00. If she were to make it there by 10:30ish do you think they'd still let her in? I still really want to do e-rides but I don't know if it's worth it by myself (especially since she'd have nothing to do after work but stay in AKL by herself til I got back).

Upvote 0

Agent1964fem

Wow how lucky are you??? Last year when I went with my family. My kids wanted to go back to the resort and swim. I wasn't ready to leave the park . So my husband went back to the resort with my kids . :sohappy: I stayed in the park.....make your own memories and adventures. Its DISNEY!!!

Wilderness Lodge August 1997
Caribbean Beach 2003
Summer of 2005

Even miracles take a little time.

Fairy Godmother to Cinderella

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom