Question about video taping??

chevyboy2285

Original Poster
This may be a dumb question but i was just wondering if anyone has ever tried because i was going to try it next time i go but i figured id check with you guys. If you put 3d glasses infront of the lens on your video camera will you get any of the 3d shows in the full effect by doing so? like i said this might be a dumb question but i was just wondering before i go again!!!!!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It dosn`t work. I tried it before taping the films was banned, which it is now.

Disney and Kodak invented the 65mm Polorising 3D system in 1981 for Magic Journeys. The polorising lenses help cancel out a double image going to each eye - one acts for the other and vice versa. Put two pairs of glasses in front of eachother, hold them up to the light, and turn one of them 90 degrees. Voila! Polorised!

If you put one lens up to the camera you would be removing one of the images. Plus the film speed won`t lock in sync to the camera (PAL or NTSC)

If you just video tape the show and try to duplicate it at home with glasses it won`t work since you won`t have the resolution (or a steady image) for it to work.

turkyman

I doubt it would work because of the way the glasses are designed. They are intended to trick the brain into processing two separate images and combining them together. In other words, your left eye doesn't see what your right eye sees. When the two images are combined by your brain, it appears as 3D. The single lens camcorder would make it impossible to film the show in 3D. Sorry.

ZapperZ

You also require both eyes for your brain to be able to sense "depth" and distance. If you only have one eyes, you won't see any "3D", even with those glasses on.

So unless you have a camcorder with 2 lenses side by side, you won't get any 3D effects.

Zz.

GeneralKnowledge

I've videotaped all of the 3D films in WDW...just putting one of the glasses lenses over the camera lens will get you a clear video without the 3D effects, but it works well for a flat recording of the movies. I was satisfied.

dolbyman

I know how to recreate the movie in 3d

use a tripod ..

set your camera in the back middle of your thater

use a polarizer filter (or a set of 3d goggles)

film one session of the movie with the 90° (one eye) after that a second session with 270° (the other eye)

walk with both films home

(before that grab a second pair of glasses)

at home .. buy 2 syncable dlp beamers (lcd won't wolrk I guess) ... could be crt too

cut out the glasses from the goggles and put them on each of the beamers on the optics

arange the beamers to exact aliance on your screen

sync the movie on both beamers perfectly

play the movie and put on your glasses (if the effect isnt working your either have to switched the glasses or the movies )

tadaa you have your 3d movies at home :wave:

wasn't that easy ? :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom