Question about uniforms...

HopLow

Original Poster
Out of curiosity, if any CMs/former CMs/CPers etc... could answer this, I'd like to know what was going on here.

Last January ('08) when my family and I went to WDW, we were on the monorail going to the MK. Two "CMs" got in our car at the TTC and they were already wearing those maroon uniforms. We all thought that was odd to see employees first of all, riding the monorail, and second of all in their uniforms. They also were acting suspiciously, kinda shady, so who knows if they were actually CMs. Are you allowed to wear uniforms around the parks while riding monorails?? They were behaving so oddly, in fact, that my mother faked illness and we got out at the Contemporary because she felt so uncomfortable with them there. :shrug:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Monorail CM's don't enter work through the tunnels, IIRC, they can ride the monorail to get to their work location at the beginning of their shift, travel to another work location should need arise, and get back to their cars at the end of their shift.

TheBeatles

CMs who work on Bay Lake and Seven Seas (excluding MK) can take the Monorail to work.

I worked at the Contemp and some of my co-workers took the Monorail to work. I believe they had to take their name tag off while riding.

Tinkrbell

I frequently saw some of the cps that work the turnstyles at mk ride the monorail to mk from the ttc because it was quicker to get off the cp bus at ttc than to ride the bus to behind mk & then take another bus to the tunnels & walk to the front of the park.

Lexxweb

I saw a girl who worked at that Casey's restaurant on Main Street riding the monorail. I thought it was weird, but oh well. Walt might of been mad, but who knows.

:cool: Lexxweb

Yes, you are allowed to ride the monorail in costume. You can't ride the buses for resort guests, however.

As far as I know (I've never done it, known friends who have) you must be wearing a nametag and be in full uniform, and ready to answer questions if anyone asks you them.

Obviously you are still representing the company off the clock and in your uniform. If those kids were acting strange or inappropriate, then they were in the wrong.

Pioneer Hall

Just as livid. Personally, I despise the entire idea of castzooming. Give the CM's a walk time and let them get dressed at work.

I agree. I know I have made a late trip to Walgreen right outside the gates and have seen every costume under the sun there. It is really a mood killer, and has to be somewhat jarring for any child that happens to be there.

SinginSarah

There is actually a rule that we shouldn't wear our nametags when we're off property, and that if it can be avoided, not to wear costumes when running errands, but sometimes that can't be helped. I mean, if you're at work and you realize you need something before you get home but don't have a change of clothes, it's not practical to run home and change first to do one little errand.

This is one of the rules they don't really enforce, and one they usually forget to mention during orientation. A lot of CMs don't even know about it. I actually wasn't told about it until a few months into my CP when someone mentioned it when they brought new hires in to DAK Wardrobe. Disney really needs to make a point to tell CMs that, that way it preserves the magic a bit. But of course I too have been guilty of making trips to Wal-Mart in my costuming costume....

RyanS

You can't ride the buses for resort guests, however.

Not true. There are a large percent of Cast Members that commute to work using the Lynx system and certain buses only drop off at the TTC where Cast Members then use the Disney bus system to go to work. I have done this many times (only in costume in the mornings if I know I won't have time to change) and it is not an issue. As long as you remember that you are on stage wherever guests are there is nothing wrong with it. If you are at the TTC early in the morning, you will see a large amount of Cast Members arriving from the Lynx and then going off to where their roles are using the Disney buses.

Not true. There are a large percent of Cast Members that commute to work using the Lynx system and certain buses only drop off at the TTC where Cast Members then use the Disney bus system to go to work. I have done this many times (only in costume in the mornings if I know I won't have time to change) and it is not an issue. As long as you remember that you are on stage wherever guests are there is nothing wrong with it. If you are at the TTC early in the morning, you will see a large amount of Cast Members arriving from the Lynx and then going off to where their roles are using the Disney buses.

Well, just going by what I was told, sorry that I've never seen this and was told otherwise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom