Question About Staying On Property

cab5f

My family and I are planning our 16th straight summer vacation to Disney this year, and for the first time ever we are looking to staying on Disney property!!! We are taking Disney up on the 7 night deal. My main question is if we have people in our party who will not be going to the parks (grandmother) will she have to pay to stay in the room, or how does that work. I'm a Disney vacation planning pro, but when it comes to Disney Resorts, it's all new to me.

LSonDubz

Maybe they'd figure it out when Granny can't get back in the room...she'd literally have to stay IN the room while everyone else is gone since she'd have no room card to get back in. so no walks around the resort, no going to the gift shop or the food court...

Everyone else would have to take their cards with them to get in the parks (package tickets are loaded on the room keycards...you have to put the room card in the scanner at the park. So no one could leave their card for granny to use.)

true.. usually we just purchase our tickets at a disney store, they are a few bucks cheaper and avoid these problems

Upvote 0

CMTinkerbell99

That's What I Was Thinking. Can We Just Say That There Are Two Adults In The Room And Just Bring Her Along?

Where are you staying? Depending on where you are staying if the reservation says party of 2...they may put you in a room with a king bed. Then might have a problem if there are no other rooms avaliable during your length of stay.

Are you going to be using DME? Only the guest listed on the reservation can do DME.

Also not listing all guests on your reservation (or not letting the FD know about other guests) is a safety/ securty concern. The resort likes to know how many people are currently in their resort. Also grandma would not have a room key so she would have a hard time exiting the room, using the buses, etc. If she was walking around the resort and a CM questioned why she was there (by the pool as an example) she would not have her resort id.

Just a few small things to think about.

Upvote 0

Daddymouse

Why don't you just call, inform the CM about your situation and see what they say? You never know your situation may not be unique to them. The worst that could happen is that they charge you fully for the entire stay. At least then you can make up your mind as to how you should best handle the situation. Good Luck!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom