Question about Sorin'

MicBat

maharet97a said:
Is the queue for Soarin' really as much as two hours? Or is this during peak hours? If so when would be the best time to try to ride to avoid a wait? My husband and I have ridden several times here at DLR, but friends and family going with us haven't, and I'd hate for them to miss this amazing attraction or have it tarnished by the aggrevation of such a long wait. We'll be at the resort in early Feb, mid-week.
Yes they are. The waits are the longest in the park. I used to always go right before 9:00. The wait time and the CM may say the time is an hour or so, but it's usually about 20 minutes at the most.

maharet97a

20 minutes I can handle. That's usually about the wait at DCA. I just didn't want to be waiting for two hours with a 2 year old to do child swap. They tend not to like sitting in one spot for that long.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
In the past few weeks, it hass been holding roughly 1-2 hours waits for the entire day, all FastPass gone by 11 or noon at the latest. Once FP goes, the line grows and stays put, on EMH nights it doesn't die down before normal park closing.

MicBat

maharet97a said:
We'll definitely make an effort to get Fastpasses with the quickness then. Thanks for the information everyone.
Here's the best way in my opinion to do epcot... If you're up to getting up for park opening, get there THEN! There's not much of a line AT ALL. Go over to Soarin first thing and either get fastpasses or do it then. Then go over to the East side and get fast passes for Test Track (if you haven't gotten them for Soarin already) or ride the ride if you got Fast Passes at Soarin. After that, do Mission Space. Foolproof way to get the most popular epcot attractions done in about 2 - 3 hours... Maybe less!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
You can get on and off of Soarin in 30 and then off of TT in under an hour if it's not a peak day.

If all else fails, save M:S for later when it's lines go down, which they always do.

DisneyFreak529

I haven't been on it yet, but my Best friend said it was wonderful. I didn't go on it at disneyland because it was down for the week. I hear good things about it all the time since it opened!

:sohappy: I can't wait to see it!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Things that i think helped elevate Soarin to a level of praise not seen at the DCA version...

1. The queue - it's really pretty and just "grand" on its own.

2. It's entirely indoors - no sun, no rain.

3. It's in a good spot - the attractions around it don't suck and don't have horrible waits - there's even good food choices right there.

4. Epcot's general fanbase is a perky bunch of people, whereas DCA doesn't really have a fanbase.. and they certainly haven't been fed "up with people" optimism since the 80's - at best they "accepted" DCA grudgingly as a DL diversion.

5. Something finally lowered the wait at TT. That's enough reason to love it alone.

Valawen9

I'll have to admit that the first time I rode it I was kind of disappointed. I think it was because I psyched myself out and then it wasn't what I was expecting it to be.

But after riding it a second time, I really loved it. It's definitely one of my favorite attractions at WDW.

DisneyDefenders

Landing in DL vs. WDW

Most guests won't even notice the that you're landing in DL...they see a castle...to them...that's just Disney...doesn't matter where it is!

TimeTrip

OmegaKnight said:
Soarin's queue was built to hold 3 hour long lines. Its the only queue in Disney that is entirely enclosed.

Hmm.. whats your definition of a "queue that is entirely enclosed"? I could think of a few that come close because all of the themed queue is inside, but might fail because on a busy day the line will wind up outside (Space mountain, Imagination among others). However the boat ride in mexico seems to have an entirely enclosed queue, since overflow pours into the pavilion itself, which is indoors. Ditto for Body Wars, and Living with the Land.

imagineer boy

I loved soarin when I first rode it in DCA. It was simply breath taking. The one in WDW is a slight down grade though. First, the qeue is one of the most aweful qeues I've ever had to stand in line in. Sure, some of the blue neon lights are neat, but at the beginning, there's a long stretch of unthemed hallways. And I agree that they really should have a new film. The whole "gift from Disneyland" thing is a lame excuse for not wanting to spend money making a new film. Hopefully they'll get a new one in the future. I'm picturing flying over the earth's greatest natural wonders like the gand canyon, rocky mountains, the rain forest, and Niagra falls. That would be amazing, and it would fit the theme of the Land pavillion.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
peter11435 said:
I don't see why the film showing California is a problem. It is no different than taking a trip around China in the World Showcase, or flying to Mars on M: S. You are flying over California. As for Disneyland and Christmas, well you are in California so it would be stupid to have it fly over Disney World. As for it being Christmas, it looks beautiful with the tree the lights and the fireworks. Instead of criticizing you should just enjoy the beauty of Disneyland at Christmas time. I suggest you read the following fun facts. Maybe it will help you to better appreciate the current film.
Thank you, I agree 100%.

I don't see why the fuss over Disney copying an attraction, they do it all the time.

BTW Peter thanks for the Fun Facts.

AEfx

Once I found out that the little crotch strap pulled out for adults, I began to love the ride. ;)

While I am sure it's not for everyone, this ride gets huge marks from guests, young and old. Last time I was there there was this gang of 70+ year old women doing laps in the queue, riding it over and over.

It's sort of a "thrill" ride without the physical stress, which makes it appeal to a much wider audience.

AE

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Dont know if it was just the new ness of the attraction but we found it excellent, especially as its just a film your watching.

Found getting there for opening and using the FP thingy an excellent way to avoid the big wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom