Question about setting up fast passes for 2 separate parties

DisneyDoug85

Original Poster
So i need to book fast passes for my group as well as my sisters group next tuesday. Long story short, i had a BUNCH of complications with my disney login which led to having to create a new account and re-connecting all of our reservations, tickets, friends etc. It was a pain. Now i want to make sure everything is ready to go as far as fast passes are concerned.

If i go to MDE and click "FASTPASS+" and "get started", it takes me to my friends and I. If i select all and hit "next" it takes me to a page that says "we do not see tickets for these guests" but gives the option to link tickets or by vacation package. If i select vacation package and enter the required information i get a pop up window saying "This reservation was made by Mr Doug .... and is already linked to an account. Please contact Doug regarding this reservation.

Now, i did call and talked to 2 separate cast members and they both assured me that this is normal, its only happening because I'm outside my 60 day window. That the morning of 60 days prior to my arrival, that message will not pop up and ill be able to select my choices as needed. Even with that assurance, something is just not sitting well with me and i want to check with others. Can anyone tell me if this is normal? Thank you so much, and sorry for the long message...

HurricaneHanna

This sounds normal. You can't go all of the way into the Fastpass system before your 60 day window. People have posted before here about wanting to do a test or trial beforehand but it just can't be done. I feel even more sure of this since you called the tech help desk. That segment of Disney's phone support system is very competent. I've called them several times for help with issues with My Disney Experience, most recently today, and they really do know what's going on. I would trust the answer you were given.

DisneyDoug85

Original Poster
This sounds normal. You can't go all of the way into the Fastpass system before your 60 day window. People have posted before here about wanting to do a test or trial beforehand but it just can't be done. I feel even more sure of this since you called the tech help desk. That segment of Disney's phone support system is very competent. I've called them several times for help with issues with My Disney Experience, most recently today, and they really do know what's going on. I would trust the answer you were given.

Thank you very much! I agree that the Disney phone support is fantastic in my experience. The issues i had were daunting, even some of the people i dealt with seemed confused by it haha. But through all 10+ phone calls to get it all sorted out, they have always been pleasant to deal with and more than willing to answer the numerous questions i had.

Its not so much that i don't trust them as much as it is that with all the issues i had, i just want to hear it from as many people as possible. (I'm a bit weird that way) ;)

Thanks again!

HurricaneHanna

You're welcome. I totally understand and don't think it's weird at all to want reassurance, especially since you have a large party.
I do know though, because I'm always the planner for our frequent Disney trips, that you can't go any further into the FP system until it's the proper day. For some reason, MDE likes to give a weird almost seemingly incorrect screen (like the statement you mentioned above about your tickets and reservation) when you try to access something you're not entitled to.

Rob562

If your tickets are part of a package reservation, then yes, all of the above info is correct.

If your tickets were purchased separately from your hotel reservation, then you have a problem that needs to be addressed since in that instance you'd at least be able to book through the next 30 days from today.

-Rob

DisneyDoug85

Original Poster
You're welcome. I totally understand and don't think it's weird at all to want reassurance, especially since you have a large party.
I do know though, because I'm always the planner for our frequent Disney trips, that you can't go any further into the FP system until it's the proper day. For some reason, MDE likes to give a weird almost seemingly incorrect screen (like the statement you mentioned above about your tickets and reservation) when you try to access something you're not entitled to.

Yeah this is my first time taking control of a trip (usually it was my dad before having kids of my own), so being in charge of 2 groups is more then I'm used to. I just want it to fall into place the way we want...they really should have some other message pop up rather than something that makes you think something is physically wrong with your reservation. Something like "You cannot access this page until 60 days prior to arrival)...Thanks again for your help!

If your tickets are part of a package reservation, then yes, all of the above info is correct.

If your tickets were purchased separately from your hotel reservation, then you have a problem that needs to be addressed since in that instance you'd at least be able to book through the next 30 days from today.

-Rob

Yes we did purchase the tickets as part of our package reservation. thanks for your input, i feel better now! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom