Question about Sanaa

Roakor

Original Poster
I am looking at going here, specifically because my significant other loves giraffes. For those who have gone here before, what would be the best time to view the animals and can you request/reserve a table near the windows?

dreamfinder

You can ask for a table window, but keep in mind they are popular so you may have a decent wait. Time will be a tossup. They don't have any exterior lighting, so unless you pack your own night vision, the interior lighting can make it tough to see the outside when it gets dark. We have had decent luck during lunch.

horizons82

I agree with the comments above. I would add that near the lobby/waiting area of the restaurant there is a little walkway that goes out into the savanna area, so there would be chances to see animals before dinner, though not necessarily during your meal for the reasons stated above. We walked out there while waiting to be called for our table and saw plenty of animals (including giraffes). Good luck!

Roakor

Original Poster
Thanks, we haven't been to any of the restaurants at the animal kingdom resort so the restaurant itself will be a new experience. Any animals would be a bonus. I was thinking of a late lunch, early dinner. 3-4pm time frame. Also looking into the tour at animal kingdom park where you get breakfast/lunch out on the savanna

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Had an early lunch at Sanaa last week -- 11:30 reservation. We didn't have a table right next to the window, but had a good view nonetheless. 4 giraffes were in full view most of our meal. As a bonus, right around 12:15 or so, the keepers went out and "fed" them by spreading some easy to reach batches of leaves on a few rocks near the outdoor viewing area.

HouCuseChickie

I highly recommend the 11:30am lunch reservation (first seating). If you arrive early, you'll also get to see the little drum show they do to open the restaurant. Ultimately, we've done the 11:30 twice and had our pick of window seats since it was the first seating. We also saw a wide variety of animals while we dined.

Ember

They do the drum show before dinner too. We do an ADR right when they open at 5 to get a window seat. We usually get there around 4 so we can check out the animals and see the show. Love it there!

Dafid Duck

Animal Kingdom Lodge used to allow evening observations with night vision binoculars (they may still). We never stayed there, but the staff there told me they are open to any Disney resort guest, not just AKL guests.

dreamfinder

Animal Kingdom Lodge used to allow evening observations with night vision binoculars (they may still). We never stayed there, but the staff there told me they are open to any Disney resort guest, not just AKL guests.

They still do, and its a neat experience, but it usually takes place around 8-9PM if I recall correctly.

PhilharMagician

Another tip is to talk with the CMs outside. They are very knowledgeable and seem to really enjoy what they do :)

We like to check-in for dinner and while we wait we would get a cocktail from the Sanaa bar and go outside to the fire pit and talk with the CM and other guests. Since they give you a pager when you check-in you just relax and hangout outside until they are ready for you.

We also like to get an ADR for first dinner seating and check-in at least 20 minutes early and request a window seat. Getting there early typically gets us a window seat and time to relax and enjoy our drink outside.

Roakor

Original Poster
Thanks for all the suggestions. It looks like my best bet is to get either the first lunch or dinner seating and arrive early. Just have to decide which but have plenty of time to do that as we are not going anytime soon.

aw14

When we went over the summer, we ask for a table by the window and got it. It made all the difference in the world. Except my 11 year old couldnt focus :)

SnarkyMonkey

I was thinking of a late lunch, early dinner. 3-4pm time frame.

Just wanted to let you know that this likely isn't possible. They close down for a little while between lunch and dinner.

We also like to get an ADR for first dinner seating and check-in at least 20 minutes early and request a window seat. Getting there early typically gets us a window seat and time to relax and enjoy our drink outside.

This is exactly what I do every time and have never had a problem getting a window seat. It's a good time of day as the animals are quite active and there's lots of daylight. You will have a wonderful experience at Sanaa.

alissafalco

IMG_7925.JPG
IMG_7926.JPG
We loved it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom