question about photoshop layouts

mroman

Original Poster
Hi all, I'm looking to get started with digital scrapbooking and love all the photoshop layouts I've seen so far from fellow members. I've dabbled a bit with photoshop so I'm confident I can pick that up fairly easily. What I wanted to know is where do most of you get your layout backgrounds from and also, what about logos from various rides, attractions, resorts, etc?
I thought I remember seeing a site that had most of these available as downloadable 'clip art' but can't seem to remember what it was.
Lastly, if you can post any tips or hints to get me started, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

HollyBelle

Yay... a new recruit around here! Welcome.

Most digital scrapbooking I see is done using digital kits. Those can be found all over the internet; just search "digital scrapbook kits" on google. You'll be linked to various websites and blogs where you can download matching backgrounds/"papers" and coordinating embellishments. They range in price from probably $2-10. And you can also download "freebies." There's a whole world out there for this and I'm just now looking into it. It's a bit overwhelming, but I have seen some really fabulous and perfect pages using these kits. Hopefully, someone with more digi-scrapping experience will jump in and help us out :D!

My photoshop/scrapbooking approach is a little different. I tend to use photographs as backgrounds, or I search for things on google images. Logos, ride, restaurant and resort signage come from one of three places. Usually I have to take a picture of it myself, and use photoshop to cut it out. Other times I'll scan in resort paraphernelia that I received at check-in or from the room and use photoshop to cut it out. Every once in a while you can search google images for them, which is the quickest way if you can find what you're looking for. I think every one of the resort logos can be found that way. The issue I've run into with finding it on google is that the quality usually isn't up to par. If this is the case, a little trick I've learned is to cover it with a "texture" in photoshop (it hides the poor quality-or so I hope). Google images will become your friend in finding logos.

If you have any specific questions, please ask.

I look forward to seeing your pages :sohappy:!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom