Question about "Passholder Best Rate Program"

brianfuchs

I saw on MouseSavers a summary of the new "Passholder Best Rate Program". I have a couple of questions about the new system...

1) If the disount for a specific time period is X dollars per night, is that regardless of weekday or weekend?

2) If the regular Disney-site rate is Y dollars (tax included), will the AP rate be exactly Y-X, or do they fiddle with room taxes on top of that?

3) Can other discounts like AAA be combined with the program?

4) MouseSavers shows discounts through 4/13/06. How often does Disney typically release the discount dates? Since you have to book 60 days in advance to get the AP rate, that means that if one were to book today, they have a whopping 9 days to choose from for the discount (March 4-March 13)... I would think Disney would have made discount rates available for most of the year by now.

Living in California, I have never been a WDW AP holder, but I do have 10-day premium (non expiring) passes for my whole family - except myself. Since we'd probably stay at the moderate or deluxe resorts when we finally go, we're hoping to save more money by having me buy an AP each year of our trips. Evidentally, a week at a deluxe resort saves more money than the entire cost of an AP. Add the free parking, discounted food, and of course the gate admissions, and even a moderate resort can make up for the AP cost.

WDWRLD

Look into the Disney Dining Experience card also. Gets you 20% ooff food at alot of places. Even if its not on the list ask, they might accecpt it. The food court at POR is not on the list but they offer the discount. I dont have much insight on the Best Rate Thing.

Upvote 0

Nicole

I don't think WDW resort rates change based on weeknight/weekend. What you need to care about is the season: value, holiday, peak, etc. This info is on mousesavers.com. It is a percentage not a dollar amount.

You cannot combine the AP discount with any other discounts. Sometimes the AP discount is not as good as others (i.e. last summer I saved 40% off rack with a military discount when the AP discount was only 30%)

The Passholder Best Rate program is relatively new and I don't think it's been around long enough for anyone to be able to guess about future discounts. The fact that attendance is up at WDW is not a good sign for those of us hoping for discounts. They may not offer the Best Rate Program after 4/13 since it will be during their busy time.

Upvote 0

Bimmy56

Last June we stayed with a passholder discount - but they were very limited as to what you could get. I believe that the best rate quote also includes tax.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom