Question about parks closing when they reach full capacity

minniemouseuk

Original Poster
Hi,

I was wondering, when parks reach full capacity, are they closed for the rest of that day?

Or do they allow more guests in as other guests leave?

For example, a lot of guests would probably leave later in the day. Are they likely then to allow new guests in?

CAPTAIN HOOK

Yes.

The parks operate to a capacity - they're open until they reach that capacity (Disney operate a 3 or 4 part closure procedure). As guests start to leave - for example, after the parade then new guests will be allowed to enter

Mr_Tom_Morrow

my only experience with this was New Years 2000,I went to Epcot and the park was at capacity by 10am,the only people getting in were those in a resort hotel,when I arrived at the turnstyle to get in the CM said do not leave because I wouldnt be allowed to re-enter

njblackberry

my only experience with this was New Years 2000,I went to Epcot and the park was at capacity by 10am,the only people getting in were those in a resort hotel,when I arrived at the turnstyle to get in the CM said do not leave because I wouldnt be allowed to re-enter
Interesting since EPCOT is the one park reportedly which has never reached capacity. We were there for New Year's Eve two years ago, and entered the park at 6:00PM.

MR. DISNEY

I'll back you up! I was also there and I was told at 7:30am when you go in don't leave because you "may not" get back in. We staked out a great place to see the fireworks and stayed all day and night. We made friends with a CM that was keeping an area open for VIP'S and he told us that only resort guests were getting in and they had to wait till someone left.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
there are several level of capacity:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?p=1930563

Phase 1: Guests with MYW base tickets, one day tickets, guests with no admission, and CMs using a main gate are turned around at the Auto Plaza.

Phase 2: Only resort guests, AP/PAP, Park Hoppers, guests re-entering the same park admitted, ONLY if using a taxi or resort transportation. (Auto Plaza is closed)

Phase 3: Only resort guests and AP/PAP admitted. (Only resort transportation)

Phase 4: Closed to all guests. (No incoming transportation)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom