Question about Opening of HS, AK & Epcot

disney4life2008

I plan on being at the gates at opening for AK, HS and Epcot. I have read different posts where CM will walk guests to certain attractions to reduce crazyness.

What attractions do they do this for at rope drop?

I plan on riding TSM at HS, Soarin at Epcot and the Safaris at AK at rope drop.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Not Sure about the Studios - but you can bet that if there's an attraction that you're going to get walked to then its TSM.

AK - the walk is to Everest (or was when we were last there)

EPCOT - again the walk is to Soarin' (or was when we were last there)

Upvote 0

stevieg639

DHS- at the rope drop there is a mad dash for TSMM and there are managers and CM directing you to a bottle neck entrance near playhouse disney and little mermaid. They direct you so you can only go that specific way, which is crazy to me but hey that's why I am not running the parks. So there is no CM walking you to the attraction but there are people directing you. Enjoy the opening show.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess'

I've never been to Animal Kingdom and I'm planning on getting there at park opening to get up to the Kilimanjaro Safari first thing (i'm not a roller coaster person)..will I be able to get to Africa because being directed to Everest is not going to help me at all!

Upvote 0

Springer

They walk you back to the Safari, too! When we were there this past January, we had a pre-park opening breakfast at Tusker House. We finished in time to be at the front of the hold area to go to the Safari and saw this huuge mass of people being led our way! It was fun knowing we were in front!

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Not Sure about the Studios - but you can bet that if there's an attraction that you're going to get walked to then its TSM.

This was the case last time I was at Hollywood Studios at opening. I don't often get up that early, it was interesting to see. It was so much calmer than in the early 90's when we used to line up for the rope drop at MK to get to Splash Mountain. That was nearly like a disaster scene out of some action movie, people running and bodies strewn all over the place. :lol:

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I've never been to Animal Kingdom and I'm planning on getting there at park opening to get up to the Kilimanjaro Safari first thing (i'm not a roller coaster person)..will I be able to get to Africa because being directed to Everest is not going to help me at all!

You won't have a problem. As the pathways split with Everest to the right and Safari to the left, you just go to the left. Just as in the start of marathons, they try to gently start people entering the park and prevent running in whatever direction. As the surge thins, then they "release" and you can just move forward normally. This is usually at the entrance to Africa for AK.

For Epcot, there are two rolling starts, one to each side (right to Soarin'), (left to TT) That initial surge then tends to split equally between ride entrance and FP.

For Studios, the craziness all moves to TSM with the added problem of a bottleneck at the arch and stairs. A little crazy, but worth getting that FP done with. If you wait about 20 min. the big push to TSM FP slacks off and you can get to it fairly easily....with entrance times already into the afternoon...:eek:

While it is a little nutty, I am a great advocate of getting to the parks before opening, particularly on more crowded days. After that initial surge to a few attractions, things settle down and you can enjoy 2-3 hours of relative calm.

All of this is, as Eeyore described, to prevent full chaos of people pushing, running, shoving and assorted un-Disney like behavior seen all to often. It's very much a safety precaution.

Upvote 0

tumelo

I don't think they make you go to a certain attraction, they may stop the crowds at a certain area until the park officially opens and then you can go whereever you want. I know at the Animal Kingdom, they stop you at the "intersection" in front of the Tree of Life, then when it opens you can go either way. I was just there last week, and that is how they did it.

Upvote 0

tumelo

For Studios, the craziness all moves to TSM with the added problem of a bottleneck at the arch and stairs. A little crazy, but worth getting that FP done with. If you wait about 20 min. the big push to TSM FP slacks off and you can get to it fairly easily....with entrance times already into the afternoon...:eek:
quote]

Okay, I'm kind of new to this board, but I've been to Disney numerous times, but I cannot figure out what "TSM" stands for. The only 2 rides I think of that people would ran too would be the Rockin Roller Coaster or Tower of Terror. Please help!

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
quote]

Okay, I'm kind of new to this board, but I've been to Disney numerous times, but I cannot figure out what "TSM" stands for. The only 2 rides I think of that people would ran too would be the Rockin Roller Coaster or Tower of Terror. Please help!

Yes, Toy Story Mania which is to the right and behind the hat as you are moving toward the backlot tour. It is the new must do attraction with long lines while you can basically walk on ToT and RnRC at park opening. (more acronyms)

Upvote 0

WildcatDen

AK = EE.

My oldest daughter had the honor of raising the "screen" at the AK on her Birthday back in 2007. We also received special seating for FOTLK that afternoon.

Upvote 0

tumelo

TSM - Toy Story Mania.

Don't worry too much about the abbreveations, you'll get used to them .... eventually.

Thanks for the info.....I love reading the posts, but sometimes, I have to stop and think about the abbreveations. Most I can figure out, but this one I couldn't. I guess I didn't know anything about this attraction. I'll have to check this out.

Upvote 0

tumelo

Yes, Toy Story Mania which is to the right and behind the hat as you are moving toward the backlot tour. It is the new must do attraction with long lines while you can basically walk on ToT and RnRC at park opening. (more acronyms)

Wow, I just checked out this attraction online, and I didn't even know anything about it! Whenever I go to the studios, I only go on Tower of Terror and RNRC. Those are my favorites rides in WDW.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom