Question about old tickets

I-4Warrior

My brother in law as looking through some old boxes of belongings and found some WDW relics.
- a 3-Day Worldpassport that was used on July 29, 1987 and July 30, 1987, but not a 3rd day.
- an option for either a day at Discovery Island or lunch at: Adventureland Verandah, Columbia Harbour House, Pecos Bill Cafe, Pinocchio Village Haus, Plaza Pavilion or Tomorrowland Terrace
- and a free parking coupon from Walt Disney Travel Co. Inc.

I guess may questions are three-fold:
1) Would he still be able to use the 3rd day 20 years later? I don't see an expiration date but I'd hate for him to go to WDW and have the ticket be turned away.
2) Since Discovery Island has been removed, the only other option for the second item is the lunch option. Though some of the restaurants listed are extinct, some are still very much open. Does anyone know if this pass would still be valid? Again, no expiration date is shown on the pass.
3) Do the parking passes expire, or is this something that could still be of use?

I know that if anyone can give me any info, it's the folks who populate these boards. Thanks.

jenbierling

I can't answer questions #2 or #3, but I can #1. He will still be able to use the day.

I had an old "passport" ticket from 1987 that had 3 days left on it. It was a child ticket, as I was a child at the time. I took it to guest relations expecting that maybe I would be able to use it for my daughter. Much to my surprise, the lady said to me "I assume you are the child?" and converted the ticket over to a 3 day park hopper ticket. I didn't even have to pay the difference between child and adult ticket. :)

Upvote 0

GatorDi

You may want to call Disney to check. I know that it used to be that the tickets were still good, but only at the parks that were open in 1987 (i.e. Epcot and MK) They may have changed that rule, but you still need to check. Otherwise the ticket is still good for admission. :)

Upvote 0

KingStefan

I can't answer questions #2 or #3, but I can #1. He will still be able to use the day.

I had an old "passport" ticket from 1987 that had 3 days left on it. It was a child ticket, as I was a child at the time. I took it to guest relations expecting that maybe I would be able to use it for my daughter. Much to my surprise, the lady said to me "I assume you are the child?" and converted the ticket over to a 3 day park hopper ticket. I didn't even have to pay the difference between child and adult ticket. :)

Just curious, did you get the original ticket back, cancelled or somthing?

Upvote 0

Rob562

My brother in law as looking through some old boxes of belongings and found some WDW relics.
- a 3-Day Worldpassport that was used on July 29, 1987 and July 30, 1987, but not a 3rd day.
- an option for either a day at Discovery Island or lunch at: Adventureland Verandah, Columbia Harbour House, Pecos Bill Cafe, Pinocchio Village Haus, Plaza Pavilion or Tomorrowland Terrace
- and a free parking coupon from Walt Disney Travel Co. Inc.

I guess may questions are three-fold:
1) Would he still be able to use the 3rd day 20 years later? I don't see an expiration date but I'd hate for him to go to WDW and have the ticket be turned away.
2) Since Discovery Island has been removed, the only other option for the second item is the lunch option. Though some of the restaurants listed are extinct, some are still very much open. Does anyone know if this pass would still be valid? Again, no expiration date is shown on the pass.
3) Do the parking passes expire, or is this something that could still be of use?

I know that if anyone can give me any info, it's the folks who populate these boards. Thanks.

Others have already mentioned that the old admission would still be valid.

As for the others, I would suggest that your friend swing by a Guest Relations window at the parks and ask about them. In exchange for the meal voucher, they may just write him out a "No Strings Attached" voucher good for a complete meal at a MK counter service restaurant. (The NSA vouchers are usually used for Guest recovery issues, like where a Guest's shirt was ruined by Disney somehow and they give an NSA voucher for a free replacement shirt from any store in the park) It'd be something that the cashier at the restaurant would be more used to. They may also do something similar for the free parking. (Or perhaps if he can show his receipt for parking that day, they may just refund his parking fee instead)

-Rob

Upvote 0

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I almost never use all my days on my card, and I know that I've heard they're good forever.

I must have 20-30 old cards scattered around. Someday, I'm going to have to try using them.:lol:

Upvote 0

phenom1307

I almost never use all my days on my card, and I know that I've heard they're good forever.

I must have 20-30 old cards scattered around. Someday, I'm going to have to try using them.:lol:

well if you've purchased them since they installed the "magic your way" they only last forever if you purchase the no expiration date option....but if its before the time of "magic your way" i think they do in fact last forever

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom