Question about not using park hopper

bayoutinkbelle

Did a search, but didn't find the answer. Apologies if it's out there.

I have a friend who is taking her daughter to WDW next month. She doesn't want to use the park hopper, but questions what would happen if they did decide to take in more than one park a day.

I don't know (I've always used park hopper). Anyone? Would they have to pay full admission to that second park? Use another ticket?

Thanks for any help!

NewfieFan

You can't use a second day on your multi-day ticket to get into another park on the same day! It really is one park per day without the hopper. I guess you can pay for another one day ticket separately... but what would be the point... it would be cheaper to add the park hopper option onto your ticket (then they could come and go as they please)!

Upvote 0

bayoutinkbelle

Original Poster
Seems it would be cheaper just to add park hopper, rather than face paying admission to a second park. Thanks for helping! My brain really is fried after two hectic days at work. :hammer:

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Seems it would be cheaper just to add park hopper, rather than face paying admission to a second park. Thanks for helping! My brain really is fried after two hectic days at work. :hammer:
Resist your friend's counter-argument, which will probably go something like this, "Well, I don't care, I'll just use a second day off the same ticket if I want to go to another park that day."

Assure her that The Great Disney Computer knows all. Assure her that she simply won't be admitted to the second park. Explain to her that tickets have magentic strips and that all the info about her ticket is stored in the computer database (and the magnetic strip gives access to that database info). Explain to her that if she puts her ticket into the turnstile of a second park in one day, the turnstile at the second park will not unlock. A cast member will come over and read his/her display which will say something like "crossover not permitted" and will give info about the ticket just inserted into the turnstile. The cast member will know exactly why the turnstile did not unlock, and will explain it to the guest.

A totally separate, additional 1-day ticket will cost your friend $79 + tax. Adding the park hopper option to any ticket costs a flat fee of $52 + tax ... this is the same whether it's a 1 day ticket or a 10 day ticket, it's still $52 total to add the park hopper option (NOT $52 for each day).

Upvote 0

Tiger45

Its better to just add the hopper if they plan on needing it. It can be added after their initial purchase if they need it. It has its advantage and alows for more flexability when planning for table services, and if you decide you want to head to another park.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Just to add a bit more - with the non-hopper option, you can enter and leave the same park as many times as you want in a day - but you can only enter one park per day

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom