Question about MNSSHP and the Food and Wine Festival

Tink0102

Can anyone tell me if there is a day of the week that is better to go than another? For example a friend of mine told me that, in her opinion, it would be better to go to the F&W during the week because it would be busier on the weekends with the addition of local visitors. Do you all hold this same opinion?
Also, while the dates for the MNSSHP for 2014 are not out yet, it looks like according to the 2013 schedule that they hold that on Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays. Do you know if that is basically the schedule every year and if so which day do you think would be the lower crowd level?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Upvote 0

ddrongowski

F&W as far as I am concerned is the same no matter what day. MNSSHP schedules are not always Thursday, Fridays, and Sundays. Last year was I did a Wednesday, year prior was a Tuesday. So there is not a set schedule year to year. Lower numbers are during the weekdays and not on Halloween day.

Upvote 0

luv

F&W...

People say it is worse on the weekends, but I don't know. I've seen it bad during the week, certainly.

It would maybe be more crowded on the weekends, due to local people who work 9-5 jobs going then. But a great deal of Orlando people do not work M-F, 9-5 jobs. Tourism is, unsurprisingly, where many jobs are found. Many of those people are not working M-F, 9-5. They're working in theme parks, hotels, restaurants, stores, movie theaters, etc.

It isn't as 9-5 as most cities! Therefore, many of the locals are not going to choose a weekend. They're going to choose a day they aren't scheduled to work...and that can be any day of the week.

MNSSHP, on the other hand, is usually done with kids on nights that aren't school nights. Not always, but often.

That's my $.02

Upvote 0

Disvillain63

Weekdays appear to be less crowded. We have been on a Saturday and it has been empty. You really never know what the crowd-level will be. You can guesstimate by the other events that may be taking place or holidays.

Upvote 0

deanaandrich

Doesn't matter what day you go for F&W. it will be crowded no matter what. However the earlier in the day you go, aka by noon, the less crowded.
MNSSHP is more crowded the closer to Halloween you get no matter what day of the week.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom