Question about Magical Express

ssidiouss@mac.c

I used Magical Express last year when I arrived in orlando around 8am and it worked great.. we just headed off into the parks and the bags were waiting for us in the rooms when we returned that night for bed.

But.. I'm heading to Disney in may and this time we are arriving in orlando around 9pm. How would Magical Express work with a late flight like that? If we went right to the resort we we would get there around 10 hopefully.. but what about our bags? Do they come the same night? Do they knock on our doors like 2am? What happens?

ANyone use magical express with a late flight?

natalia1681

When you arrive late in the evening like that, Disney recommends that you get your bags from the luggage carousel yourself and take them with you on the magical Express bus, that way you have your bags when you check in and aren't waiting until 2am for your pjs to arrive:lol:

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Don't put the DME tags on. Pick up your own bags and go to DME check in. They'll put your bags under the same bus you're on.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

I have always arrived at the resort at 10 pm on my trips. The luggage has never arrived later than midnight on any of my trips in the last year. But the answer is YES - if for some reason the baggage is running very late, they will knock on your door at 2 am. From what I understand, and from personal experience, that probably rarely happens. If you are staying up until midnight or slightly later, you will have no problem. If you plan to head to bed as soon as you arrive, don't use the luggage tags and wait for your bag, then go to DME as usual.

Upvote 0

swimmom

Last December we had a flight that was going to arrive in Orlando about 10:00 p.m. I had already decided not to use the ME tags and claim my own luggage and take it to the bus. I'm really glad I decided to do this since our flight was delayed 4 hours due to the weather in Chicago and we didn't arrive at the WL until about 3:00 a.m. Who knows when our luggage would have arrived? Of course you won't have any weather delays due to snow in May, but you could still have weather or mechanical delays.

After our last trip, we have decided that when using ME and arriving in the evening, we would claim our own luggage so that we would have our luggage the first night and not get any unexpected wake up calls delivering our luggage to our room.

Upvote 0

mtcurrys

In March our flight arrived at 11:00 pm. We used the Magical Express and let them pick up our luggage. When we checked in to the POP Century at approximately 12:00-12:30 am, they told us that we could have our bags delivered that night at about 2:00 am or we could have them hold the bags overnight and they would deliver them the next morning at 7:00 am or later if we requested a later time. We decided to have them delivered at 7:00 am the next morning. We also had everything we needed for that night and the next day in our carry-on bags, which were with us. At 7:00 am the next morning the message light started to blink on our phone. The message said to please call for luggage delivery whenever we were ready for our luggage. I called and 15 minutes later they delivered our luggage.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom