Question about JAWS...

JCrane

Original Poster
I read here a few months back that JAWS could potentially close, either full-time or seasonally, and I was wondering whether anybody has been privvy to further speculation or, indeed, actual information on this.

I'm visiting in late October/early November, for the first time in four years, and as sad as it is, Universal just wouldn't be the same with the toothy beast!

kcnole

It did close for a while, but customer complaints has opened it back up and it is running every day, at least through the summer. I don't know what the plans are after the summer. To me it has to stay. It's one of the few classics Universal has, although it's never been working when I visited, but to close it just seems wrong.

JCrane

Original Poster
In all the times I've visited I've only ever had a few minor problems with it breaking down. As far as I'm concerned it should stay as it's truly a classic movie and, despite showing it's age a little, still has so much to offer new audiences.

The entire theming around it is fantastic too...I guess I'd be open to a little refurb but never a permanent close. That'd be up there with the closure of Kongfrontation which, to me, was just lunacy! Never mind the fact that if you looked down out of the cable car you could see he was a giant glove puppet...what a story!!! I was especially surprised they got rid of Kong with the impending release of the new version...hopefully one day they'll see the error of their ways and bring him back, new and improved!!!

I can dream...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom