Question about Fitness Facilities

kmac77

Hey All,

On the 22 day countdown, and had an interesting question that hopefully someone can help me with. I'm up at 5:15 a.m. each day to do the treadmill for an hour, and since we're staying at the Poly, I know that there are no fitness facilities there, but there are at the GF and the Contemporary. Question is, how do I get to either hotel that early? Thanks all.

KPM

a2grafix

Might I suggest the trails along The Polynesian and Grand Floridian to make up for your treadmill?

According to DisneyWorld.com ...

Disney's Polynesian Resort
  • Scenic one-mile long trail along Seven Sea Lagoon and the perimeter of the Resort hotel grounds
  • Extended pathway extends past the Tahiti building en route to the Transportation and Ticket Center, and the Fiji and Aotearoa buildings
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • 1.4 mile, unshaded trail along Seven Seas Lagoon
  • Extended pathway continues on past the Wedding Chapel, offering a view of Magic Kingdom theme park
You might take a slight detour across the street to the military Shades of Green resort and run along the path that borders the Magnolia golf course. That's about .50 miles one way.

This might help you stay fitness fresh without taking any Disney transportation.

Here is the map of the trail at The Poly that connects to the Grand Floridian ...

Upvote 0

bethymouse

CBR also has a nice jogging route as well and Ft. Wilderness resort. Allears.net has each resort listed w/ pictures and jogging maps- POFQ/POR has a very nice jogging trail. WL does too! I think that would work better than the treadmill- just my humble opinion.:)

Upvote 0

BrerPete

The GF Health Club is open 24 hours and is about a five to seven minute walk from the farthest poly house. I was there a few weeks back when at the GF and also when I stayed at the poly. Maybe one other person was using the facilities at that time (5:15 to 6:00am). GF health club has four treadmills and is a separate building from the GF.

Upvote 0

Rob562

i was just thinking about this i am the same up at 5 am to do elliptical every day.. so what resorts have a work out room>? do any>

All Deluxe and DVC resorts have facilities (or access to them, in the case of the Poly using the GF's facilities). Coronado Springs is the only Moderate with a fitness center, and none of the Values have them.

If you're at a resort that doesn't have facilities, you can go to the facilities at a resort that does and pay a daily fee. (I think it's $12, but I may be mistaken)

-Rob

Upvote 0

Disneydreamer23

All Deluxe and DVC resorts have facilities (or access to them, in the case of the Poly using the GF's facilities). Coronado Springs is the only Moderate with a fitness center, and none of the Values have them.

If you're at a resort that doesn't have facilities, you can go to the facilities at a resort that does and pay a daily fee. (I think it's $12, but I may be mistaken)

-Rob
Thank u!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom