question about DME luggage tags

QWERTY

I just received my yellow DME luggage tags and they have the resort name that we are staying at but no room number. My question is, are the DME luggage tags suppose to have your resort room number on them or do they assign you a resort room number when you check in. I was just curious as to how they know what room to take your luggage to if there is no resort room number on the yellow DME tags.

Thanks for all your help

We leave in 13 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LaughingGravy

Barcodes and other numbers on the tags are tied to your reservation. They get delivered to the room after you check in, so your room will have been assigned to you by the time they start on their journey from the luggage corral at the resort to your room.

Since you have the tags, you must be going very soon. So are we. Very cool.
Have fun!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

QWERTY said:
I just received my yellow DME luggage tags and they have the resort name that we are staying at but no room number. My question is, are the DME luggage tags suppose to have your resort room number on them or do they assign you a resort room number when you check in. I was just curious as to how they know what room to take your luggage to if there is no resort room number on the yellow DME tags.

Thanks for all your help

We leave in 16 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Resort rooms arent assigned until pretty close to your arrival date, probably like a day or three before. The DME tags are sent out before then. The resort is hard coded, the rooms arent. Suppose when you get there they had you in a second floor room but you wanted ground level etc.??Logistically it would be a nightmare. Better to get the bags to the resort, look up your name, get your room number and then just deliver the baggage!!! Belle

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Generally in about 3 hours, so if there is anything you'll want to have before the luggage gets there like a bathing suit to take a dip in the pool, pack it in a carry on bag. I recall when I arrived at 11:00a, I arrived at my resort about 12:00ish and checked in and they did have a room ready, so I was able to go right to the room, drop my stuff, had a little lunch and when I went back to the room at about 1:30, my luggage was there.

Upvote 0

siliwishes

So my flight gets in at around 9. Probably won't get to the resort til.. I dunno... 11ish? When will my luggage come for the next day in the park? 3 am????? That's not cool.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

If you are arriving after 9p, I've read on other threads that they advise you not to put the luggage tags on and claim your luggage and bring it with you on the bus. I think you are not guaranteed to get it that night if you arrive after 9p, but they will deliver it the next morning at 9a.

Upvote 0

siliwishes

wow, thanks. hm. i wonder if magical express knows to wait for us? i think i will call tonight w/ this question since we booked our plane tickets today.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Just a word of warning we arrived around 8-8:30ish at the resort our bags ( Despite instructions to the bell services to hang onto them as we were changing resorts the following day anyhow and had everything we needed for one night in the carry ons) showed up at like 2 in the morning!!!! My friend sent them away, but to be popped out of bed at that hour is pretty rude. The Bell Services guy even told us that after 12 they would be shutting down deliveries for the night!!! So much for that idea!!! Belle

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

there are no assigned seats for magical express at MCO -- they just fill up the busses and go. so you could have dinner at the airport if you wanted then get on the bus. Last month -- I helped get the rental van and loaded it up (took nearly and hour and twenty min) then just got in line for the bus. SMART IDEA. if you have multiple people in your party... have one person get luggage while the other checks in for the bus ( you must get your tickets activated before you can load on the bus -- like can take up to half an hour) then by the time the one person has the bags -- the tickets will be ready for the bus and you can get in line. After your bus tickets are ready, it can still take 15-20 minutes to load on the bus.. but they play a nice movie -- so the ride is quick. If you do bring your luggage on the bus -- have one person unload -- while the other waits in line to check in -- remember 45 other people or so will be getting off the bus at the same time and getting in the check-in line at your resort. This can all save you an extra hour or more on the way to your resort -- expecially if you are paying for tickets that day!

Upvote 0

X12345

if money is no object, can you assume your luggage will get to the resort and just immediately grab a cab and head to the resort, park, whatever to save time?

Upvote 0

Dizparks

jpstajdl said:
if money is no object, can you assume your luggage will get to the resort and just immediately grab a cab and head to the resort, park, whatever to save time?

No you can't do this. If you use DME you then have to use the whole system, if you're not on the bus then your luggage will not be taken to the resort.

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

The other reason your room number is not on the tags is for security reasons. Disney has been protective of that for years. I remember once they didn't even write my number down, just told it to me and said if I forgot to just give them a call.

Upvote 0

epcot2004

They write your room number on the tags at some point between arrival at the airport and when the bags show up in your room, probably after check-in. We didn't have a room assignment before we went to the check-in desk. We arrived at MCO at 9:30AM, bags were in our room by 3PM (or sooner - we were in the parks). The only problem with the service is with all of the stops it seems like it takes forever to get to the resort but it's free and the bags did arrive - can't complain too much! :) Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom