Question about Disney Quest

mitchk

Original Poster
I am headed to Disney world in a couple weeks, and I wanted to know, What is Disney Quest? I upgraded my tickets for the parks to include park-hopper, and access to the water parks for 5 days, but when I looked over everything it said we could also choose from a list of other things besides the water parks to see. There was Pleasure Island, WWOS, and Disney Quest. I would like to go check it out, but like I said I don't really understand what it is. Can someone please help me out:veryconfu

lebeau

DQ is a unique experience. They call it a Virtual Themepark - but I think that oversells it. Basically, there are a number of highly interactive and unusual video game/virtual experiences. For example, you can design a roller coaster and then ride it in a motion simulator. You can play an interactive Pirates of the Carribean in which you stear a pirate ship and fire off cannons. You can ride a virtual Jungle Cruise on a raft (and yes, you can get wet). Or ride a virtual flying carpet through Agrobah. A big hit with me and my wife though, was the top floor where you can eat at the Cheesecake Factory Express, play Skeeball and old arcade games like the original Donkey Kong and Ms. Pacman.

If you enjoy video games, there's plenty to see. If not, it might still be worth a quick look around since you've already paid for it ;)

mitchk

Original Poster
Thanks lebeau

That sounds pretty cool. I am defiantly going to check it out. Plus me and my girlfriend love skeeball, and old arcade games.

Thanks again:D

welovewdw

Agree ^ The best part is the buzz lightyear bumper cars. They have cannons on them and you shoot volleyball sized balls at the other cars! Much fun.... but I am a BIG videogame fan.

KaliSplash

Don't forget Alien Invasion on the top floor. You and three crewmates fly a rescue mission to an earth colony under attack by aliens.

The driver gets points for rescuing colonists. Everybody else gets points for blasting aliens.

Extremely cool game. My oldest son is always insulted if he leaves ANY colonists behind.

mickeyman65

The Buzz Lightyear ride seems cool but when we were there it was broke down...and someone said that it happens often. I liked the virtual reality games..it was cool swinging around a sword fighting against everyone. You will really like it there..I just wished I had more time spend there.

JROK

Only problem, the past two times I've been, I've had bad experiences with guests hogging games... Particularly the Daytona racing simulators... there's a queue line set-up but no CM manning it... most people drive once, then go get back in line... but on a few occassions there were people that would race a few times in a row until a guest asked them if they were going to get up and wait their turn or not... I was really underwhelmed too because a lot of their games are dated and other places like Gameworks and Alladdin's Castle have more updated machines... but the Buzz Lightyear thing and Rollercoaster sim are pretty fun... you should go, it's worth the try...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom