Question about "Disney Dining Experience"

BobLefty61

Original Poster
Hi...

I'm a cast member and, as such, don't have the option of adding the Dining Plan (since I have no need for the "Magic Your Way" package).

Am I eligible to buy a "Disney Dining Experience" card (for $60)?

I've called the number dozens and dozens of times (407-566-5858), but it's always busy...is it disconnected (or do I have the wrong number?!?)?

Thanks...

P.S. This is a great site...so much useful info! I'm getting ready for my 4th trip to WDW (Polynesian...September 15-19).

KnK

I just got off the phone with them to renew my card. I also, happen to have the booklet in front of me. Looks like castmembers can purchass a card for $80.00.

KnK

The prices listed on the back of the booklet are:

General Membership (Florida Resident Only) - $85
Castmember - $80
Annual/Seasonal Passholder - $60
Florida Resident Oly (non-Passholder) Renewals - $70
Secondary Membership - $25

BobLefty61

Original Poster
I live in Connecticut, so I don't know if that's an option for me (the resident card).

At $80, it might not be worth it. I'll only be down there from Friday night until Tuesday late morning...and I won't be back in the next 12 months.

I'll have to do the math.

EDIT: I just did the math....I'd probably save $20 - $40 if I bought the card. Any hidden "problems" that I should be aware of?

Meanwhile...do I have the phone number right?!?!

KnK

I live in Connecticut, so I don't know if that's an option for me (the resident card).

At $80, it might not be worth it. I'll only be down there from Friday night until Tuesday late morning...and I won't be back in the next 12 months.

I'll have to do the math.

EDIT: I just did the math....I'd probably save $20 - $40 if I bought the card. Any hidden "problems" that I should be aware of?

Meanwhile...do I have the phone number right?!?!

We think it is totally worth it. We don't go for the free dining, but we love the DDE card! We tend to enjoy lots of the higher end meals. CG, Jiko, Citricos, AP. You figure it basically covers the tip. We also tend to enjoy wine with dinner and it also counts with the DDE card.

The phone number is 407.566.5858

fillerup

Off topic, but thought this as good a place to post this as any.

Discovered quite by accident that the Town Tavern in Celebration honors the DDE card to the extent of 10%. They also offer a CM discount.

Haven't had a chance to check yet to see who else in town might still be doing this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom