Question about disney annual passes

Grisel Camino

Original Poster
Hello,
I am looking into getting an annual pass, but not sure how it works. Do the passes become active after they are fully paid for? Meaning, if I do the 12 month plan to pay them off, then they are good for the following year after that?

ABQ

Hello,
I am looking into getting an annual pass, but not sure how it works. Do the passes become active after they are fully paid for? Meaning, if I do the 12 month plan to pay them off, then they are good for the following year after that?
New passes, meaning not renewal passes, become active upon your first use to enter a park.

Rob562

The payment plan is for Florida residents only. It's a way to get a active AP right now, but spread the cost over the year that it's valid.

If you want to save up money to buy an AP in the future, I suggest you get a Disney gift card and keep adding money onto it (assuming you have access to a Disney Store nearby where you can do that).

-Rob

ratherbeinwdw

Non-resident annual passes become active as soon as you turn in your voucher. We lost a day several times because we wanted to get our passes while at DTD Guest Relations as soon as we get into Orlando and be ready to enter a park at rope drop the next morning and not have to deal with waiting in line to get the pass. The time doesn't start, though, until you turn in the voucher no matter how long it is after you've paid for it.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The flex plan passes become active when purchased. Passes paid in full are active upon first entry to a park.

Florida resident AP passes purchased on the payment plan - I am assuming that's what you mean by the flex plan - start the first day you use it to enter a park, or as someone mentioned, go to Guest Services at DTD because you don't want to stand in line at Will Call at a park. That's what I did, so my pass expiration date is forever the date I went to DTD to turn in my certificate. So if you purchase a pass in May but don't use it until July 1st, then the date forever will be July 1st. I forgot this and when making FP+ for our trip at the end of October, I kept wondering why, once I hit the magic 60 day window, I couldn't book any FP+, other than the day I purchased a ticket for MNSSHP, past a certain day in October. Until I realized it was my expiration date and I needed to renew my pass ASAP, even though I was more than a month away from the expiration date. Our window for our trip in November just opened up and my daughter isn't on any of the selections because she hasn't renewed her pass yet.....

However, if for some reason you don't keep making those monthly payments, your pass gets suspended...until you catch up. So remember that if the credit card you are using expires before you finish making the monthly payments.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom