Question about Discounts on dining and merch.

calievie

Original Poster
I am a DVC member with a blue card. I have a friend traveling with me for my next Disney trip and another friend that lives in Florida will be joining us for some theme park fun. During the trip, how can I make sure my friends are able to use my DVC discounts without paying for everything myself? Is my party allowed to also receive a discount during our trip? For instance, if we dine out, can I use my DVC discount but still do a split check with 2 credit cards?

Thanks for any advice.

nickys

Premium Member
I am a DVC member with a blue card. I have a friend traveling with me for my next Disney trip and another friend that lives in Florida will be joining us for some theme park fun. During the trip, how can I make sure my friends are able to use my DVC discounts without paying for everything myself? Is my party allowed to also receive a discount during our trip? For instance, if we dine out, can I use my DVC discount but still do a split check with 2 credit cards?

Thanks for any advice.
Typically no. You’d have to pay and then have them pay you their share. It never hurts to ask though.

When using the discount I’ve always been asked for my card and matching photo ID and had to pay for it via my own magic band.

DVC Ted

Thanks for any advice.
I have never had a problem allowing others in my party to use my DVC discount for merchandise. I just show my blue card and ID, and then the store accepts my friend’s magic band or credit card for payment. As for dining discounts, I don’t have as much experience. We have always had Tables in Wonderland, which does require a single payment.

SteveAZee

Thanks for any advice.
On my last trip, there were five people with, essentially, four different 'accounts'. I kept receipts, created a huge spreadsheet, and did a tally at the end of the trip to show who owes who what. Next time I go it will be similar, but I think we'll just move money around via Venmo and not have to do all of the accounting and spreadsheeting. If you think you'll max out your credit card with your friends' purchases, move money from Venmo to your credit card account online as you go. Just one option.

Big Ben

I have never had a problem allowing others in my party to use my DVC discount for merchandise. I just show my blue card and ID, and then the store accepts my friend’s magic band or credit card for payment. As for dining discounts, I don’t have as much experience. We have always had Tables in Wonderland, which does require a single payment.
+1 on the merchandise, never dealt with it for dining, as we always had a dining plan.

correcaminos

I admit we haven't had an issue either. We go to show our card and often ID and then if the friend swoops in to pay they allow it. Same for AP discount. Not condoning this, but the work around is paying back if needed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom