Question about DAS and it's qualifications

nickys

Premium Member
We were there in December 2021 and again in 2022…in order to get the DAS before the trip, we had to go through the phone/video interview again. They might be able to see that you had it it on your last visit, but that’s the only fact they have. You still must reapply and go through the same process to qualify.
I think a DAS is valid for something like 4-6 months. If you have another trip within that time frame you can use it again without having to re-apply.

And it seems from @Queen of the WDW Scene ’s post that in some cases you do not need to go through the process again. Disney is nothing if not inconsistent in these matters.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I think a DAS is valid for something like 4-6 months. If you have another trip within that time frame you can use it again without having to re-apply.

And it seems from @Queen of the WDW Scene ’s post that in some cases you do not need to go through the process again. Disney is nothing if not inconsistent in these matters.

Unfortunately it's only 60 days.
Like I said I still had to go on and request it so I did have to speak to someone on video chat but I did not need to "convince" them that the standby line is more difficult to wait in.
They saw I had it before and after I said my disability has not changed he said ok well then your approved and have a magical trip.
It is very inconsistent because the time before that the person was very rude and said I didn't need it even though I had gotten it several times before and my disability has not changed. I did go on a different day and got someone else and was approved. (Unfortunately that trip was cancelled because we just learned my mom had stage 4 lymphoma and was very ill. Happy to report she is doing well now)

Smiley/OCD

See, there are situations (like mine) and I’m sure plenty of other guests that have a lifelong disease that will always require a DAS…in my situation, I would rather go through the interview once, have my disease permanently attached to my profile and skip that step. I understand that Disney doesn’t want the responsibility of keeping the information, but it would make life easier on my end.

JIMINYCR

Unfortunately its like any thing set up to assist people who need help that can be taken advantage of by those who want to take advantage of the lack of screening out those who dont qualify. Thinking only about themselves and how they can get in on a program never intended for them. It once was a more beneficial program that Dis had to reform bacause of those who scammed it. I would never allow a family member who doesnt need it to register for it and I would shame them into rethinking using it or not take a trip with them. Basically its stealing a perk they shouldnt get.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom