Question about Chase Disney VISA card 10% off

snowpony

Original Poster
Hi all,

I have a Disney VISA card, and I know one of the perks is that you can get 10% off a purchase of $50 or more at select locations. Is there any store inside WDW resort that this offer does not apply to?

Also, is it necessary to charge the purchase on the Disney VISA card in order to get the 10% off, or can I simply show them my card to get the 10%? I am going in December and plan to transfer my Disney VISA points to the Rewards Redemption card so that I can use the points to buy souvenirs. Basically I'd like to get 10% off plus use redemption card. Am I able to do that?

Any help would be great! :wave:

crashin2me

I believe you have to use the credit card to get the discount. I think every disney merchandise location gives the 10% discount. However, some countries in Epcot are independent.

vxangelkissxv

Actually, you can use your rewards card and get the 10% off. So, if you have a Disney Rewards Card, use it to purchase the items, spend over $50, and ask for the 10% off, you will be able to get it. There are select locations that offer the discount, but it's available at all the big box merchandise locations. Just make sure you ask for the discount, as you wont get it without requesting it.

timeman

You have to use the Disney Visa card to get the discount and you have to spend $50 before taxes are added on. I'm not sure which stores don't give the discount, but like the previous poster stated it is probably some of the stores in the countries in Epcot.

RAXIP

A $50 minimum pre-tax single transaction merchandise purchase is required to receive discount. Must use your valid Disney Rewards Visa Credit Card, Disney Rewards Visa Debit Card and/or Disney Rewards Redemption Card as payment form and mention this offer. Discount is not valid on purchases of ticket media, gift certificates, Disney Gift Cards, videos, DVDs and CDs, Disney Dollars, sundries, periodicals, digital and video cameras, disposable cameras, film, consumer electronics (e.g., CD players, TVs, DVD players), tobacco, alcohol, In-Park balloon vendors, Add-a-Dollar (Wildlife Conservation Fund), postage stamps, rentals (e.g., strollers, ECV, etc.), all Titleist and Cobra golf equipment, national brand fragrances, treatments and cosmetics, personalization, Disney's PhotoPass® $29.95 special package, Lladro, Swarovski Crystal, Walt Disney Classics Collection, original or limited-edition artwork, other collectibles and select merchandise. Discount is not available at Walt Disney World® Resort Operating Participant locations, including but not limited to, China Pavilion, Japan Pavilion, and Morocco Pavilion at World Showcase in Epcot®, Arribas Brothers, Basin, Basin White, Cirque du Soleil, Curl by Sammy Duval, Ghirardelli, House of Blues, Hoypoloi, LEGO Imagination Center, Magic Masters, Magnetron, Niki Bryan Spas, Orlando Harley Davidson Store, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Café, Richard Petty Driving Experience, Rubio Balloon Arts, SD Watersports, Sosa Cigar, Sunglass Icon, Surrey Bike Rental, T-Rex Café Shop, Wyland Galleries, and any other locations or kiosks that are not owned and operated by the owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort. Further, discount is not available at Disney's Character Premiere, Disney's Character Warehouse or on phone, online or mail orders. May not be combined with any other discount, offer or promotion. Not valid on previous purchases. Offer is subject to change without notice. Separate Theme Park admission may be required.

devoy1701

Hi all,

I have a Disney VISA card, and I know one of the perks is that you can get 10% off a purchase of $50 or more at select locations. Is there any store inside WDW resort that this offer does not apply to?

Also, is it necessary to charge the purchase on the Disney VISA card in order to get the 10% off, or can I simply show them my card to get the 10%? I am going in December and plan to transfer my Disney VISA points to the Rewards Redemption card so that I can use the points to buy souvenirs. Basically I'd like to get 10% off plus use redemption card. Am I able to do that?

Any help would be great! :wave:

Every time I go into Uptown Jewelers on Main Street they give me 20% off for my Disney VISA. When I check out I always say that I have both an AP and a Disney Visa, which can get me the better discount, and the reply has always been "if it's over $50 your Visa will give you 20%.

I don't know if it's just a promotion or what...but I've been getting 20% off there since last Christmas, and I usually make 4 or 5 expensive purchases there a year.

And like others have said, you can still use your discount if you are using your reward dollars.

Joshrzmeup

Can you use it to get the 10% off on the Disney Dooney & Bourke purses? I know those are pretty exclusive and i've been looking for an excuse to spend the money on one...

wdwjmp239

Disney Chase Visa

Word to the wise about this credit card:

When you apply for this card, the introductory APR is very attractive. I had an incident with Chase Visa about four years ago where they brought me in at 0% for six months. I used the card and paid the balances off on a monthly basis. Then, three months after I got the card (mind you, I was still in my introductory period), Chase decided to up my APR to 22%. When I saw that, I paid the balance off and haven't used the card since then.

My parents had the same thing happen to them where their APR went from 9.99% to 17.99% percent. Again, watch your APR rates, that's all I'm saying. :)

devoy1701

Word to the wise about this credit card:

When you apply for this card, the introductory APR is very attractive. I had an incident with Chase Visa about four years ago where they brought me in at 0% for six months. I used the card and paid the balances off on a monthly basis. Then, three months after I got the card (mind you, I was still in my introductory period), Chase decided to up my APR to 22%. When I saw that, I paid the balance off and haven't used the card since then.

My parents had the same thing happen to them where their APR went from 9.99% to 17.99% percent. Again, watch your APR rates, that's all I'm saying. :)

To use point cards to your advantage (which I do), I put everything possible on my credit card (I don't use my debit card at all)...all groceries and other shopping adventures, dinners, gas, entertainment, and whatever bills that allow me to pay by credit card (Electric Company doesn't allow it for free and you can't charge a mortgage :brick:). But I never carry a balance month-to-month. I pay it off in full and rack up my rewards points. Between myself and my Fiance's Disney VISA, our rewards points paid for all of our souveniers and Meals on our 6 day trip out to Disneyland last December! That's alot of free money for buying things I would have bought anyway. Plus your money gets to sit in your actual bank account longer and earn some interest in there (albeit the low interest rates that we have nowadays, but its still money I didn't have the day before).

All credit cards are risky and require personal responsibility...but they are great if you use them correctly.

Another great thing about this card is that you get 6 months financing on each payment of your Disney vacation...another chance for you to rack up interest on your money instead of paying the trip in full right away!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom