Question about buses to Swan/Dolphin

Bri1121

I don't know if anyone knows the answer to this but a friend of my husband stayed at the Dolphin a month or so ago. He heard dh talking about staying there in August and told him this tip. He said to get off at the Swan and walk through the hotel because that by passes the stops at the Beach and Yacht club?

Does the bus go to the Swan, Beach and Yacht Club then the Dolphin? We have stayed at the Dolphin before and don't remember at all how the stops went. I would think the Swan and Dolphin stops would be after each other?!?

Hey if he is right and I got some tired kids I would be willing to cut through the Swan. And would this go for getting the bus to go somewhere. Should we cut through the Swan to take those buses if it goes directly to the parks?!

Thx!!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It varies depending on how busy it is, and which park you are coming back from. There certainly are times though when it foes do Swan, Dolphin, Yacht, Beach and Boardwalk. In the past at least, the driver also had some choice on the order. Not sure if this is still the case.

Upvote 0

PeterMarcus

My understanding was the drivers have little freedom these days due to scheduling. My wife and I were trying to get to the Contemporary at 2AM once from the Swan and asked the driver of the next bus what the quickest way was. His bus was going to Downtown Disney, but he radioed in and negotiated for a couple minutes, then took us straight to the Contemporary. So, even at 2AM and an empty park, he had to clear it first. Granted, he was changing a to a completely new destination, not the order of his current destination.

Maybe we should ask Imagineering if they have any rumors about bus drivers?

Upvote 0

Nikki M

We usually stay at the swan, and the normal route is pick up at the swan, then dolphin, then beach. Drop off is beach, dolphin, swan. I have seen them throw in the Boardwalk, too. A big plus for the swan is you only have to ride the bus to Animal Kingdom. You can walk or ride the boat to Epcot and HS, and you can walk through Epcot to MK via monorail - it seems like a long walk, but it really is faster than the bus!

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

Bri1121

Original Poster
We usually stay at the swan, and the normal route is pick up at the swan, then dolphin, then beach. Drop off is beach, dolphin, swan. I have seen them throw in the Boardwalk, too. A big plus for the swan is you only have to ride the bus to Animal Kingdom. You can walk or ride the boat to Epcot and HS, and you can walk through Epcot to MK via monorail - it seems like a long walk, but it really is faster than the bus!

Have a great trip!

Thanks!! Seems the Beach Club is a good spot to catch a bus!!
Good tip about going through Epcot to ride the monorail to MK. Always wondered if that would be faster! And since we have the park hoppers it is doable!!

Upvote 0

tikiman

We have stayed at the Boardwalk twice, the Yacht Club, The Dolphin and the Swan 3 times and all times the bus went to the Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club and Beach Club in that order. We stayed at these resorts in May June, July and August.

Upvote 0
staying at swan now. MK stops go from boardwalk to swan. we actually took the YC/BC bus home today from MK and walked back from the YC to get ice cream at Fountains. we just missed the bus to the swan. you have many options staying here. we find it easy to walk to epcot and HS. havent gone from here to AK yet. thats for tomorrow. hope this helps

Upvote 0

R W B

Have a great trip!

I never realized this. Thats great info!

Upvote 0

coachwnh

In the Parks
No
Used bus from swan to AK this morning. Picked us up first then went to dolphin, yacht club, beach club, then boardwalk. No issues at 730 as we ate at Tusker house for 805. Easy coming back with a stop at blizzard beach

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom