Question about booking dining online

maxime29

Premium Member
June 24 is our 180 day window to book dining. We are going to try booking online our dining for the first time.

Here is my main question. We booked our resort and park tickets over the phone. I signed up for an account on Disney site and linked our reservation number to our online account. Am I going to experience any issues booking for 10 days ahead of our first day? I noticed that it would only show me one day if I looked now. Also will I be able to start booking at midnight?

Thanks for the help.

docdebbi

no, nothing opens until 6 AM, not midnight
you should be online at 6 AM and if that doesn't work on the phone at 7 AM- sharp. the system is supposed to let you book ten days ahead if your room reservation number is in your account but it tendfs to only give you the first day.
check out an old thread here called 180 + 10 online success- it will help you get to the old site if you can't get them on the new site.
good luck.

Upvote 0
you should be online at 6 AM and if that doesn't work on the phone at 7 AM- sharp. the system is supposed to let you book ten days ahead if your room reservation number is in your account but it tendfs to only give you the first day.
check out an old thread here called 180 + 10 online success- it will help you get to the old site if you can't get them on the new site.
good luck.
When you say you the online reservation starts at 6AM, what time zone are you referring to?

Upvote 0

maxime29

Premium Member
Original Poster
good luck.

Thanks for letting me know. I did a search earlier, and some of the information was from 2010 and 2011. I think this was when the system was first introduced and there were kinks to be ironed out. Looks like I will set my alarm to 6am EST tomorrow morning.

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

June 24 is our 180 day window to book dining. We are going to try booking online our dining for the first time.

Here is my main question. We booked our resort and park tickets over the phone. I signed up for an account on Disney site and linked our reservation number to our online account. Am I going to experience any issues booking for 10 days ahead of our first day? I noticed that it would only show me one day if I looked now. Also will I be able to start booking at midnight?

Thanks for the help.
I did my ADRs on June 10. Did them all online at 6am, and had zero problems getting them done.

Upvote 0

maxime29

Premium Member
Original Poster
One other item to clarify:

I just tried testing the online dining with a bogus date. It appears I have to book one restaurant at a time instead of "pooling together" all the restaurants I want to make an ADR for and then make one confirmation for all.

Does the online system only allow you to do "one at a time" ADRs or is there a step I might be missing?

Upvote 0

Sparkle81

As far as I know, it's one reservation at a time although I wasn't able to make mine online as the system wouldn't link my reservation :( Was on the phone at exactly 7am though, and had no problem with any of my reservations.
Good luck!

Upvote 0

draybook

Good luck if you try doing it online. I did and it didn't work. And it also wasn't ready at 6am eastern time. I would recommend waiting until 7am est and just call it in.

Upvote 0

maxime29

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yeah, so I had to wait till about 6:15am to reserve my first day of dining. Kept saying server was busy. Also kept asking me to sign in every 5 minutes or so. It won't let me reserve for my +10 days. I tried going into the "My Disney Experience" planning portion of the site and trying to reserve by picking a new day that way. No luck. Looks like I will have to call in for the rest of my dates. It's too bad that their system hasn't been improved.

EDIT: Called about 7:00am on the dot. No wait after bypassing the operator. Cast Member was super helpful, clear to understand and patient. Got all the restaurants we wanted at the times we wanted. Only one issue with booking Citricos where we may have to split up our party with two tables, but she said to keep checking on this as other reservations can change.

Upvote 0

docdebbi

good job. happy you got them all.
and often, even though you are two tables, they will manage at check in to get you at one, or at worse, two tables near each other. wouldn't worry about it.
keep checking online, but you should be good.
congratulations

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

I would call... there is no way to mark reservations with any type of celebration online.

edit: awesome, glad you got in! Citricos is pretty damn tasty!

Upvote 0

maxime29

Premium Member
Original Poster
Large party, or just an odd number in the party? Reason I ask... The WDW system tends to have fits for "party of 3", "party of 5"....
Citrico's smallest tables hold two, next one up (the majority) hold 4, then there are LARGE tables (several of which can be combined) that will hold the City of Boston :). I STRONGLY doubt that the folks at Citrico's will actually split you :).

We are a party of five this year. I remembered the same thing later this morning once I had a cup of coffee and some breakfast :). Last time our party ate there was maybe back in 2009 (even though we stay at the Floridian every year), but we had a party of four at the time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom